“Nice hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Pros:
1) Friendly staff (front desk,engineering,banquet lady,room service)
2) Nice lobby
3) Really nice and clean pool/hot tub
4) Rooms are nicely upkept
5) Good size T.V
6) Good location
7) Free internet
8) Good burger and beer

Cons:
1) Hvac needs to be updated
2) Internet could be faster
3) Food service was sub par
4) Buffet eggs and bacon were worth one bite
5) Carpet needed cleaning in room
6) Price was average
7) Pool furniture warn

Advice: Spend a little money to upgrade these issues...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
FourPointsSanRafael, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you for bringing your thoughts to our attention. This will allow us to address these items and ensure continuous improvement. We are also happy to announce that the hotel will undergo a renovation.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Walking in the front you notice an updated and clean area(first impression is great). The check in was smooth and the front desk agent was very informative about the hotel and rewards program available. When a arrived at my room the first thing I noticed was the room reflected the lobby area. Clean room, fresh paint and what looked to be a recently remodeled bathroom. The T.V was a nice size and the bed was comfortable. Loved the blue oversized lounge chair! It was where I spent most of my time while in the room. The food in the restraunt was good. Breakfast was also good but the bacon could have been better. The pool and hot tub were just as fresh and clean as the lobby area. I had a very plesent conversation with one of the employees who was testing and scrubing the pool. I belive he said he was running the engineering department? He was very intrested in how my stay was going and gave me his name and said if I had any maintenance needs to ask for him at the front desk. Personal, Informative, and made me feel at home. This young man know's how to treat a guest! I will return to this hotel because the rooms are nice, the staff is great and I really felt welcome!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Wow. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay as you're writing. A team that takes pride in caring for guests makes a hotel great. We are honored to know you were impressed, we thank you for sharing your observations and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

By far the best and most comfortable in the San Rafael area. I work in the area once a week and always return the The Four Points, after having experienced all that is available in the neighborhood. The comfort level and the friendly staff make this place shine. It's a tree star hotel so you can't judge it against a five star, not sure what other reviewers were looking for. The beds are comfy and most rooms I've stayed in are newly redecorated. The restaurant and bar are small but good quality

Room Tip: It's right off the freeway but the rooms are quiet. But if you're a light sleeper I would su...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate it! See you next week!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Kaiser Permanente San Rafael annually hosts an appreciation luncheon for our bilingual staff. To highlight and honor their tireless linguistic services to our limited English proficient patients and members we serve. When searching for a venue, our criteria was simple, conveniently located, quality and exceptional service and delicious food. Our criteria was met beyond expectations. Ms. Trish Owen and Ms. Stephanie Hiatt were truly extraordinary to the very last detail. They provided our team with a yummy food tasting where our team were pampered and treated like royalty. The Chef was extremely friendly and inviting and came out personally to meet our team and speak to us about his delicious food selections. We look forward to future events at the Four Points Sheraton in San Rafael, this is an outstanding venue and wonderful staff. Thank you for making our event seamless.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for this fantastic review. Our 7000 square feet of meeting space offer great options and our Sales Team, including Trish & Stephanie, are dedicated to ensuring the best possible experience. Chef Mark and his white brigade put magic on a plate and we're thrilled to know you liked it. Thank you also for the recognition and standing ovation for our team at the conclusion of your event.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have spent 2 nights in this hotel before leaving to another one in the near location.
The rooms are very old, the AirCon is so old that when you swith on for the heat you can't watch TV as the noise is so loud.
I have requested a quiet room and they place me in the 4th floor, which was probably under the Air Con machine and the noise was terrible. Then I have been upgraded to a room who was not better than the other one. I have found hairs in the bed, bathroom which were not mine. This means that the cleaning is not really done properly. the room was so old, I can't imagine all the bacterias in the carpet....as it was not really fresh
The breakfast was ok, good, nothing to say about it, and the people there were really nice, it is just the hotel and this is not the standard for a sheraton.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Yasmina R

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We clean the rooms every day and change everything upon check-out. I am sorry that you were not in a room that was acceptable.
Our team is fantastic and we are dedicated to every guest's total satisfaction. We will work on improving our services so they can always be the best.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel is too high in price, the amenities are virtually zero. The tower we stayed in felt so isolated from the rest of the hotel. i actually felt unsafe at night because we were in a dark spot on the side of the main hotel building. Its a really weird setup. I would not stay here again. I think there are better options for an average of $155.00 a night (which is what we paid). The bathrooms are old but the rooms are a little updated.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the tower face the street, you will be up all night because the rooms are not soundpr...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for bringing your thoughts to our attention. We take the safey/security of our guests very serious. We have tools in place including a security cameras, secured doors and lighting in/outside. We would enjoy the opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I too grew up in Marin County and actually had my Senior Prom at this hotel when it was a Holiday Inn. This was our second stay at the Four Points. The hotel has been redone and is quite nicely decorated. When I made my online reservations, I had made a couple of requests which were honored with no problems. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. I can't start my day without orange juice and the restaurant staff were happy to pour me a glass to go with my coffee at no charge. The rooms are clean, the shower was great (high enough for tall people and great water pressure) and the beds were extremely comfortable. We did not have any noise issues during our stay.
We have not visited during the summer, but I'm looking forward to it as the pool area is large and looks very nice.
We come to Marin to visit family and friends. The hotel is actually very centrally located in Marin. It has very easy access to the 101 freeway which takes you north to the wine country and south to San Francisco. There are several decent restaurants across the street at the Northgate Mall, not to mention other great choices within a 15 minute drive.
As we come to Marin a couple times a year, we will continue to stay at the Four Points. i have no other reason to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room, they have little patios off the pool area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
FourPointsSanRafael, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

We meet a lot of locals that spend a Prom in our hotel at some point in time. It's always fun to see them return, think about those great times and enjoy the presence. Our location is truly central and everything is in close proximity. While there are many restaurants in close prosimity, we'd love for you to try our very own Marin Steak & Spirits. The food is delicious and our team will make your dining experience very memorable. We look forward to your next visit during the summer... ....or perhaps even earlier.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Rafael
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County
The Lodge at Tiburon
The Lodge at Tiburon
#2 of 2 in Tiburon

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael? Share your experiences!