Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
$147
$194
FourPoints.com
Motel 6 San Rafael(San Rafael)
$91
Motel 6
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)(Great Value!)
$129
$101
$130
$126
Orbitz.com
$239
Courtyard
Marin Suites Hotel(Corte Madera)
$175
$183
BestWestern.com
Panama Hotel(San Rafael)
1,305 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptionindoor poolfree drinksmade to order breakfastmarin countykoi pondcivic centercomplimentary breakfastbreakfast was excellentwine countrythe breakfast arealiving roommuir woodsthe golden gate bridgeatriumpopcorncouch
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I've stayed at a number of Embassy Suites in the past several years, and have usually enjoyed my stays very much; however, this hotel has not been updated in a while. As a business traveler, I expect certain things available in the room. Yes, there was a desk; however, the lamp near the desk had one outlet available, and there were no other outlets available. In addition, as a Hilton gold member, I do expect free wi-fi and water upon arrival. The water was there, but no free wi-fi?

Also, don't indicate that you offer NHL Center-Ice and then not have it available to your customers. This happened at a couple of Hilton properties and not just the Embassy Suites. As I had a lot of work to do and wanted to watch a hockey game in the room, I had hoped to order a good room service menu. Most Embassy Suites also have an outside room service menu that I have used on occasion when the hotel menu does not suit my taste; however, this hotel did not offer anything like this nor were there a lot of restaurant choices nearby. The location was convenient for an appointment I had the next day, but if I had to do it again, I would not stay here again.

I will say that the front desk staff was very friendly and efficient though, but as a gold member who is almost at the diamond level, I do expect a bit more than the average traveler. I can stay wherever I want, so I do have a choice.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I was in California for 4 days. I reserved on line at the end of the reservation it asked if I wanted to register for a possible e-upgrade. It gave several choices one being a conference room instead of the usual living room - bed room set up. It cost $29.00 the kicker is you don't know whether or not you get the room until you check in. I did get room 110 on the first floor. The room was ok the top bed comorter is worn looking. Under the bed are the usual dust devils. The bathroom was clean. What got me were the windows - they were nasty there was a lot of greasy goo in the inside corners, the sill was filthy and it looked like it had been painted a long time ago by a 5 year old. There was paint along the window probably a result of a poor tape job. The conference room set up was great very professional looking. I asked about getting complimentary internet since I had paid for the conference room. The front desk said I would have to talk with the manager. I never followed through.

At the managers reception there is plenty of free drinks and little to no food. On the night I went there was a small fruit tray and something like goldfish crackers. The high point was the bartender, Karin, she was a wealth of information on local restaurants and sights to see in and around San Francisco.

Parking is ample and free, there is a jogging trail near the civic center. It is pretty easy to get to the hotel just off US 101. There is weight room and indoor pool that looked OK.

One thing that I did not realize is that if you fly into San Francisco airport and get on 101 to go to the hotel be aware that the traffic is horrible and that the freeway does not go all the way to the hotel. Instead you get dumped off into the city of San Francisco another traffic nightmare as you make your way to the Golden Gate (choke point) bridge.. Based on this I cancelled my last night's stay in San Rafael and made reservations at Embassy Suites in Burlingame, CA, which is adjacent to the hotel and 5 minutes from the airport.

If I had to do it over I would have stayed the entire time at ES Burlingame.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Just completed a 4 day stay here. I usually stay at the ES San Rafael once or twice a year, and I can still say that I would not consider staying anywhere else in this area. The hotel has never looked better----both inside and out. The grounds and the lobby area were spotless! Great to still see some familiar faces in the restaurant area for breakfast. David and Maria are the best! Manager's reception was also very good----several additional drink choices have been added since the last time I was here. Pool and hot tub were wonderful. My only complaint (and it is a minor one)----the hotel is still charging for wireless internet. I strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites San Rafael off and on for a number of years. We have always had a wonderful time. We have also found all the staff friendly and extremely polite and helpful. The suites are always clean and the maid service is good. The restuarant serves a wonderful breakfast. Since the Hotel has taken over the restuarant the meals served in the dining room are well prepared and served
The managers reception in the evening is terrific. There is no shortage of drinks and the snacks are really good
We heartily recommend the Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. There were two groups staying that were somewhat loud, a pre-teen birthday gathering and players for a golf tournament. When we were in the bedroom portion of the room we never heard a thing, even when asked by the front desk at checkout. We did have dinner in the restaraunt, the service was very friendly and the food was good. The beds were very comfortable and there were both down and foam pillows for each of us to choose from. As with many hotels, they do charge for internet service for a 24hr period. We did check out the pool and hot tub, our only issues was that the pool was almost too warm for trying to cool off after using the hot tub.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple