Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dorado, Puerto Rico
“A nice place to stay”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Embassy Suites provides a consistent level of service and amenities that should give most travelers and comfortable feeling that they know what they're going to get. This Marin County facility is no exception so let me list the things that I like: 1. You drive up and either check in with your luggage and then park your car or the reverse. You can decide. 2. HHonors members can get a high-level (5th floor, I believe) room (suite) which is quiet. 3. My coffee machine in my room sometimes doesn't work, but the breakfast area is open and I can always pick up one there and go back to my room. 4. Internet access is free and good quality. 5. The pool and spa are open long hours and are usually not crowded at all. 6. The breakfasts are good and are usually free (Gold Level). 7. I rarely get back for the "Happy Hour", but wind up paying for my drinks because they are not brands that are part of the free offerings. 8. Check out is easy and you're on your way. 9. It is reasonably priced. 10. I know how to get to the hotel from anywhere in the Bay Area.

Room Tip: HHonors floor
Green Features: Towels can be reused if desired. This is standard practice at all Hilton Hotels.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
mjdrios, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel.

Please be assured that I will share your overall service experience with our team.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service the next time you are in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
La Crescenta, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had a very nice stay at the excellent Embassy Suites Hotel in San Rafael, CA. The service was excellent. The Hotel was very well kept. The location of the Hotel was excellent for the project that I was there for. I would be very happy to stay there again and would recommend this location to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Your positive & detailed feedback of the ES San Rafael is greatly appreciated. We’re happy to learn that you had a satisfying experience with us and that the staff members you encountered provided you exceptional service.
Sacramento
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Our first room, 331, smelled like smoke. Next room, 320, was good. Quiet. Clean.
Breakfast offered eggs, hash brown style potatoes (need to be cooked more), melon bananas, apples, yogurt, toast and such, French toast, custom made omelets, pancakes. As a vegan, I mostly could eat potatoes with salsa... and coffee. The Decaf wasn’t good but the Regular was surprisingly decent.

At check out I was upset to find that they gave my bill -with my name and address- to the other person in smokey first room. I couldn't get a receipt. Service at desk on check out was quite snotty.

Gym had free weights, balls, mats, 2 treadmills and an elliptical- but none had closed caption on the TV which is nuts! I guess you must bring headphones to work out. They need to provide CC on those TV's. There is an inside Pool and Jacuzzi.

They offer free drinks, popcorn, grapes, pretzels, and a mystery beverage in huge vats on table- no sign id’ing them! For those not drinking cocktails, maybe coffee and cookies would be nice (vegan cookies even better)

Room Tip: 320 was quiet
Green Features: NOT GOOD, didn't see recycling or composting going on
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KOSacramento
I apologize that your hotel experience did not meet your expectations.

Above all, I appreciate you reaching out to us while you were here,in our ongoing attempt to immediately address and resolve guest issues. Unfortunately, we were not successfully in correcting the issues that you experianced and please accept my deepest apologies.

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We hope that you’ll provide us with another opportunity in the future.
san jose, california
Reviewed January 22, 2014

You know what to expect with Embassy Suites. #1/ always get an upper floor to avoid the indoor swimming pool noise and its chlorine spell #2/ their standard rooms are larger than most. #3/wifi can be included depending where you purchase your hotel stay #4/ a decent breakfast is included #5/ friendly staff #5/ powerful WiFi, my gaming son will attest to this.
This was no different. The elderly lady hostess at the breakfast was A DOLL!! My son loved the strong Wi-Fi, comfortable bed. And an extra bonus, it is convenient if you are attending the Marin Conference Center. Simply walk across an adorable bridge. There is also convenient jogging trails if you like to exercise.

Room Tip: request upper floor. One side overlooks the parking lot to the Marin Conference Center and the other...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. It’s wonderful that our accommodations met your expectations.
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have stayed here at least a dozen times. The hotel is starting to look its age. Breakfast was not great but it is "free" with the stay. At least this trip was $100 night cheaper since it wasn't "wine season"

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I went to the restaurant 101 grill for dinner. I really liked the food and service i enjoyed it. I would like to appreciate cooks a lady and an Indian guy for excellent food and behavior. Good job guys keep it up.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
mjdrios, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Embassy Suites - San Rafael. We are delighted to hear that your stay was positive and that you appreciated all our amenities and hotel comforts. We look forward in being of service during your next stay.
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Excellent and helpful staff. Great big comfortable rooms ! No noise from outside rooms. Fantastic Breakfast menu and items. Fantastic Shower and water pressure to start the day. Indoor pool is unbelievable ! Foyer and Lobby clean and refreshing ! Car is safe and secure in parking lot ! Fantastic stay at a reasonable price. If you don't stay here and go elsewhere you will kick yourself for not and always regret it !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

#2 of 3 in Corte Madera
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
#1 of 5 in Mill Valley

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
Address: 101 McInnis Pkwy, San Rafael, CA 94903-2773
Location: United States > California > Marin County > San Rafael
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / San Rafael