Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Corona, United States
“embassy suites”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a week and it was great. My son was able to use the pool and I was able to use the gym. The breakfast is the best. I would recommend this hotel. The only thing was the twin beds are too small for two people to sleep in. If you are a couple you should request a queen or king bed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pat S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. It was great to hear that you found the hotel comfortable and to offer the amenities that you and your son were able to enjoy, including the pool, fitness center and yummy cook-to-order breakfast. In regards to our bed types we offer king size bedded suites and suites that have 2 double beds in them. When the time comes for our renovation, your comments will be considered, as it would be nice to offer queen size beds vs. the doubles. Thank you for sharing that! It is our hope that whenever your travels bring you back to the area, that we have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We just returned from staying here a couple of nights for our anniversary weekend. We were really pleased with the place ... quiet location, great breakfast, pretty interior courtyard, nice room, friendly front desk and restaurant staff.

The only thing preventing me from giving it an excellent rating is that our room was never cleaned during our stay. We were out all day on Saturday hiking and came back around 3:45 to find the room still wasn't cleaned. We needed to get cleaned up before heading out again. Housecleaning arrived around 4:15, which I've never had happen so late. We figured they must have been short-staffed that day. We told them we needed to finish getting ready to go out and to come back at 5:00. Twenty minutes later, they were back! Ugh. We mentioned again we'd been out all day, were still getting cleaned up and to come back at 5:00. When we left at 5:00, they were still cleaning rooms on our floor, so we figured all was fine. Came home late that night and our room hadn't been cleaned. I mentioned this to the front desk the next morning and the person said they'd check with housecleaning about what happened (haven't heard back). A bit disappointed since we're Hilton Honors members and haven't had problems with their hotels in the past.

Despite the cleaning situation, we planning on returning with our kids in the future. Before we head out for the day, we'll just be sure to ask housekeeping to clean our room during the day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CAWriterMom
Pat S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and candor regarding your recent Anniversary stay with us. As the General Manager it is always good to hear from our guests perspective, even when things do not go as smoothly as they could or should at times. It certainly keeps us all on our toes. I do appreciate your commenting on our quiet location, great breakfast, nice suites and friendly Front Desk and Restaurant Staff and will also say that I was disheartened to read that your suite was not cleaned by the time you returned after a day out. There could be several reasons for this (i.e. occupancy levels, being short staffed that day, someone over looking the suite as being completed or having a do not disturb on the door or not being noted as occupied) none of which really matter when it comes right down to it because after a day out, it's not what you expect to come back to and I do apologize. I plan on sharing your comments with the Housekeeping Staff so that they can hear what our guests are saying and how important it is to pay attention and stay focused on the tasks at hand. We look forward to you bringing your family with you on your next visit here and in providing you timely housekeeping service.
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great value! Central location for our vacation plans into the city, Muir Woods and up to Jelly Belly for the free factory tour. Very comfortable bed. Pull out sofa bed for the kids. Fun open interior with palms, plants and a waterfall that our kids really liked. Really nice complimentary FULL breakfast buffet. They even make custom omelets!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor. As this hotel attracts a lot of families, this is the quietest floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Short, sweet, to the point and welcomed! Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. More and more people are finding our central location between San Francisco and Wine Country to be a great alternative to staying in the city. In addition, it provides easy access to many outdoor recreational activities. Embassy's two room suite and a cooked-to-order breakfast are an added plus, as you had mentioned! Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I grew up staying in Embassy Suites hotels with my family, so when my husband and I booked this for one night at what I'd consider a fair price, I felt sure we'd be getting a good deal. I was greeted by a very friendly lady behind the desk--prompt, courteous, everything you'd want from a host. We stayed in a king suite and found the bed to be quite comfortable (can't comment on the pull-out; didn't use it). The bathroom was really clean and was stocked with the appropriate toiletries (love the 'green tea' scented stuff).

The breakfast was good, (average quality eggs, decent pancakes, good bacon, ok fruit) and cooked to order very quickly. This is definitely a step above the 'free continental breakfast' of many places although it's not nearly as good as say, Cracker Barrel (do you have those in California?) But it's free, so... we'll take it.

The room service food was alright; definitely not delicious but it was fine -- it was 8:30pm on Easter Sunday evening when we got in; figured not many choices in town, so we ordered room service. By the time we paid for the food (pizza, pasta, salad) and all the fees, it cost about $46 but tasted like it should have cost $16.

Room service aside, the bed was great, the bathroom was spotless and toiletries nice -- I'd stay there again in a heartbeat and would recommend to anyone going to visit Muir Woods, Point Reyes, etc.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor or higher if possible
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anna T
Pat S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
It's so nice to read about our guests experience and to hear that they would recommend us to others as a great hotel choice! Thank you so much for your thorough and kind words about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found the staff friendly, your bed comfortable, the bathroom very clean and breakfast satisfying...all very important in ensuring that each of our guests feel welcome and at home. I would be remiss if I did not address your Room Service experience not being all that you would have liked it to be. I certainly apologize if the food was what you expected. I will pull your ticket and share it with our Chef. The menu is fairly new and we have received so many good comments about it, I am not sure what happened but can assure you that I will look into it. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to your return and to you trying our menu once again.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Room was clean and quiet. Complimentary breakfast was great, and evening drinks were a nice courtesy. Would stay here again and recommend it to family or friends if they were to need a place to stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pat S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It was nice to hear that you found your suite clean and quiet and that you enjoyed both our cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception, three of the Embassy Suites Pillars that separate and identify our brand within and from our competition. Thanks again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Mississippi
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is an older Embassy Suites, but it is still maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful; in fact, the person who checked me in moved me from the room I had been assigned without my asking. She said it was too loud, and she wanted us to have a good stay. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was adequate; it was not the best Embassy breakfast I have ever had, but it was FREE! It was an easy access from the highway, and there was no charge for parking. The drive into San Francisco was easy and short. The stop we made to Muir Woods and Marin Headlands was on the way into the city. The drive to Napa was equally easy and short. We were away from the bustle of the city but within easy reach. I would not recommend that you stay here is you do not have a car or if you just want to be among the fast-paced city energy- it is not here. It is an affordable option for a good hotel near many attractions.

Room Tip: We were on fifth floor- Hilton Honors floor..nice and quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Your review regarding your recent stay with us, is appreciated! Although we are not spring chicken relative to the property, it was great to hear that that you felt that the hotel is well maintained and that the our staff took good care of you. We pride ourselves in making sure that each of our guests feel welcome and at home. Our being situated between San Francisco and Wine Country truly does make us the ideal location for many of our guests. Am not sure if you are aware that we provide a shuttle within a five mile radius to accommate those guests who do not have transportation and can even arrange car rentals, if they prefer. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to hosting you once again.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had a great one night stay while on business. I wished that I could have stayed longer in the area. Allison, Front Desk, is super efficient and professional. Allison is a class act. All of the employees are professional and service oriented. Breakfast was awesome. I loved the oatmeal "bar" with granola, raisins, and brown sugar. Yum. The only item missing was chocolate milk for my sweet tooth. Yes, there are danishs to get your sugar fix. Room had upgraded soaps and shampoo. The exercise room had a scale in which I weighed my luggage prior to departure. Most don't think of this but it is helpful prior to leaving for the airport. I had free internet access because of HHonors. Facility is close to everything including a major mall. Room was cleaned well and very quiet. Management is certainly doing the right things at this facility. Employees, rooms, and overall facility are all well maintained, clean, and professional. In summary, if my only hiccup was the lack of chocolate milk (ha), your facility must be the place to stay while in the area. Keep up the great work. I hope to see you again in my travels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pat S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Wow...what a nice way to start your week. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent one night stay with us! It was very nice to read that the efforts of the entire team were apparent, welcomed and appreciated as we want each and every one of our guests to feel like this is their "home away from home" when they travel and stay with us. It sounds like we need to make sure that the next time you visit, that chocolate milk is an option! You can actually ask one of the Breakfast Staff and they'll be more then happy to accommodate your sweet tooth! We look forward to welcoming you back and want to thank you once again for your wonderful comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Rafael
#2 of 3 in Corte Madera
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
#1 of 5 in Mill Valley

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
Address: 101 McInnis Pkwy, San Rafael, CA 94903-2773
Location: United States > California > Marin County > San Rafael
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / San Rafael