“It was something new to try!!!”

Sol Food Puerto Rican Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 230 Restaurants in San Rafael
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
“It was something new to try!!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Over all the atmosphere gives you the feeling of what I would think it is like to eat in an authentic old town restaurant in Puerto Rico. The service was fast and the prices were kind of average. I ordered the Shrimp Mofongo and was a bit disapointed since for $11.50 you only get 3 shrimps, a side of a green salad and the green plantain (mofongo). It felt like they went overbore on the garlic in the Mofongo. All I could taste was garlic so I think they should go a bit more easy on that. 3 shrimps for that price? Come on, make it 5!!!!. The rest of the family ordered the pork ribs which they were happy with and liked it a lot. Drinks are usually served in like a mayo-glass bottles which it makes it feel more as they would serve drinks in Puerto Rico I would think. Over all, I am willing to go back and try other foods from
The menu!!!

• Visited September 2013

Princeton, New Jersey
“Good Monfongo”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

So so so delicious! I had bad mofongo and good monfongo. To be able to eat a good quality mofongo you have to travel to PR. This place had a good quality mofongo among other food they served. We had a party of 4 and all the plates were very good. No one had a complaint about the food. And the price was not bad comparing to other overated places we have eating and the food was not as good. I will recomemd this place for some good spanish food!

Visited September 2013
La Jolla, California
“I'll be dreaming about this place!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This restaurant can do no wrong! The service was fast and friendly. The atmosphere was colorful and vibrant. And the food! Oh, the food! It was so filling and so delicious. The beans, rice, platoons, pork ribs, iced coffee-everything was perfect! And don't leave without trying the coconut flan, no matter how full you are, you won't regret it!

• Visited August 2013
Santa Rosa, California, United States
“So so so so so delicious”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

So so so so so delicious...I love the vegetariano! The only drawback for me is that it can be hard to find a seat when it's busy. Other than that, I often dream about the comida delicioso!

Visited October 2012
Columbia, Missouri
“I had almost forgotten that fish had heads!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

If you are looking for cloth napkins, an extensive wine list (or any alcoholic beverages at all), and lots of atmosphere, this is not the place. However, if you are looking for good food, something a little different, very reasonable prices, and fast, efficient, friendly service, this could be the place. There was a long line when we arrived, but it moved very quickly. The first staff member we encountered greeted us as we approached the entrance. He explained the specials, answered questions we had about the menu, and took our order. He was very patient and helpful and was probably a big reason the line moved so well. The food was all delicious. The fried, sweet plantains and the house special carbonated limeade were memorable. The staff was very friendly and very responsive if you needed anything or had a question. All in all, it was a delightful experience and we will go back the next time we are in the San Francisco area. P.S. Some of us had the Pescado Frito. It comes as a whole fish (Tilapia) and was very good. P.P.S. The Sol Food location we visited did not serve alcohol. If you want alcohol, you will have to eat a delicious Puerto Rican meal and go someplace else (e.g. home) to have a beer or glass of wine.

• Visited August 2013