“We love Sol Food”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 29, 2013

What a jewel. If you haven't yet been to Sol Food, go tonight. This may be the best inexpensive restaurant yet. They just opened in Mill Valley as well, so we can now get take out and delivery in southern marin.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

A great place for a later lunch so we didn't have to wait in line. I loved the brightly colored painted doors in a shabby chic configuration on the walls. Self ordering, community seating, this was a very upbeat dining experience on my last day in Marin County last April. Food was fresh and delicious and you could control the level of spiciness.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family loves Sol food! Everything is pretty good, especially the garlic tostones, the chicken, and the shrimp. The main dining restaurant is always packed, so we usually order take out. Yummy stuff!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We arrived a little after 1pm so the line was manageable. It is a bright rooms with community seating. Lots of fresh options from salads and sandwiches to tasty entrees. We split a cubano sandwich with salad and it was plenty for two. The fresh limeaide and mango tea is worth the trip alone. Great change from usual dining and cheaper than the flight to Puerto Rico.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised to find this little jewel. Down home comfort food, just what you need when traveling on business. Expect a line, obviously a local favorite. I arrived at 7:30pm in a Tuesday and they had a pretty long line. Hang in there it's worth it. You can order take out next door or they deliver. I'm an adventurous eater so I went with a recommendation from the girl who took my order, the special. The main entree was a bit on the sweet side for me (it was made with plantains), but the fresh salad, beans and rice and Limonada (Limeade) were pretty awesome! Huge portions.