Review Highlights
The best farmer’s market in the area...

When you see chefs buying their produce, you know the market has to be good. We go on Thursdays (a... read more

Reviewed February 12, 2019
K9455WMdavidh
San Rafael, California
via mobile
Sunday visit in rain, but with life music

Reviewed December 17, 2018

from $134.00
from $119.00
from $169.00
More Info
All reviews fruit eggs civic center organic produce prepared food marin county in season take home pastries buy fresh food incredible variety embassy suites vendors offering tamales whole foods wine country many years
Reviewed December 17, 2018 via mobile

We happened to visit outside of a regular farmers market under pretty heavy rain. Nevertheless both the boutiques and restaurants were nice. We got spme lunch from the food track and enjoyed the life music.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed November 7, 2018

I have been buying most of my food at the Farmers' market in San Rafael for many years now and I am very grateful for it. From fresh fruit and vegetables to eggs and freshly caught wild salmon, I find it all there. Even when the weather is windy and rainy, many of those farmers come out and sell their foods to us. I love shopping there because I know I am supporting LOCAL farmers, not big corporations, the food I buy is in season (it is not flown from another part of the world. When we buy food that has to be flown, we contribute to massive pollution with the fuel from those planes).

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

I went to get greens for salad.and vegies...prices are ok..some vendors prices are better and vegies etc look better..Thursday is not as good as Sunday ....I know the produce is fresher but a bit more pricer...you really have to taste and check for taste and sweetness etc..

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank Donna Y
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Loved this small market. Was able to walk there, enjoy lunch, as there are a number of local food trucks. Some of the best (and sometimes biggest) fruit & veggies around! Pricey. Worth it.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

The market is a great way to find what you are looking for, whether it is fish, meat, or some kind of fruit. Whatever you are looking for, the market is likely have it in one of the stalls!

Date of experience: August 2018