“Well Priced Suites in a Convenient Location”

Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I booked a deluxe king suite and stayed at this Extended Stay hotel for 8 nights with my husband. We were hesitant and unsure of what to expect in regards to the quality, cleanliness and noise level at this property. I am happy to report that our concerns went away quickly after checking in and seeing our room. We had a corner suite on the 3rd floor with windows on the side of the hotel. Even though you could hear some road noise, when turning on the air conditioning at night, I never noticed any noise outside. Our room was surprisingly spacious with seemingly new furniture throughout. The kitchen appliances (stove & fridge) were not new but worked completely fine. The granite/solid surface countertops were a nice touch and seemed to be newly updated. The bed comfort was just okay – a little bumpy and uneven. I would recommend asking for a corner room on an upper floor as these floor plans seem to be significantly larger than the rest.

The location is great. Very quick and easy access to the highway as well as the Larkspur ferry that takes you straight to downtown San Francisco. It is also not too far away from the start of wine country. We especially enjoyed the close proximity to the bay. There is a bay trail in the back of the property (just about one or two “blocks” behind the hotel). This trail is fantastic and leads right to Target which has a full grocery section to stock up on food/wine for your room.

Finally, as for other features of this property, we did not use the indoor pool but did make use of the laundry room (remember to bring quarters) which was helpful. Also each morning a small table is set up by the front desk with a couple baskets of granola bars, muffins, and fruit so we made sure to grab something on our way out each day.

Overall this property does not offer luxury accommodations; however, if you are looking for an affordable and spacious room with a full kitchen this is a great choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PlayaChicago
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room and found out location to be very convenient. We are happy that you consider us to be a great value.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was displaced from my home for 2 weeks as all the floors in my home were being redone. I found this online. I had my elderly cousin and dog so staying with friends was not an option.
The price was reasonable and the room very clean. This is a studio with a small kitchen. The fridge is full size which is a plus. The staff was good. Parking is provided but a fellow guest has his vehicle vandalized twice. The continental breakfast was scarce.
I felt safe here and the walking paths along the bay are fantastic.
Otherwise, your in industrial San Rafael near nothing.
Target and Mi Pueblo market are in easy driving distance. No restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: If you can share a bed the seating area in the room is larger.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank panchitagood
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

On behalf of all of us at Extended Stay America San Rafael, we would like to thank you for your recent visit; it was our pleasure to serve you. We also appreciate you taking time the time to provide us with your input. Knowing that we accomplished our goal of providing you with a good experience during your stay makes our job worthwhile. We are glad that we could accommodate you, your cousin, and your dog.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

One word, not worth the price, disinterested staff, faulty billing, squeaky bed, broken reservation process, and do not be surprised if you get a call during the middle of your excursion that your belongings are still in the room, as they do not have the complete stay details, even after charging the entire money in advance. And yes it is a grab-and-go breakfast with granola bars, and pre packaged muffins being the main fare.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank pankaj s
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We checked into Extended Stay for one night and were welcomed by Mark who was really friendly. Our room was very nice and extremely clean and included a small kitchen which was handy. The hotel also had a laundry room which was another useful attribute. It location was convenient for driving onto the 101 freeway which connected you to many other locations within minutes. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with your clean room, our friendly staff and your fully equipped kitchen. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our location and our laundry facility during your visit with us.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed here for two weeks when I found out that my apartment had mold and my new one wasn't ready. I needed to move immediately and this hotel was ready for my and my two cats. I loved staying here! The staff was wonderful. Special thanks to Debbie, Tammy, Meika and Luis. They looked after the cats and me so well. The accommodations were really new and nice. I felt like I was at an expensive hotel. The bathrooms had recently been redone. I did bring in a few things from home for the kitchen but overall, the kitchen and furnishings seemed to be pretty new and nice. Cleaning is once and week. I was worried about my cats getting out. You can get magnets for the door that says "pet in room" but someone kept taking them off. The cleaners were surprised to see my cats and didn't let them out. Nice!

I met other guests who seemed very happy with their experience, too. There was a small gym, a nice pool area, a BBQ and a breakfast area. I didn't use any of those but they seemed great. I did use my TV a lot and appreciated all of the channels. There was plenty of parking and a cart I could use to bring stuff up and down to my room.

If you needed extra towels, the staff at the front desk was always there for you. For the money, this place was fabulous. I am recommending it to everyone! I hope I get to stay here again, although I hope not for the same reason.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe room for a little extra money. Look online for a deal. Also, I took a room on...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The grounds keeping at this horrible, the outside ashtrays are overflowing, cigarette butts all over the grounds (even in the smoking space). Have been here for two days and the same wad of gum is still on the rim of the ashtray by the back door. Was the same when we were last here before Christmas. No choice as to where we stay as my husbands company pays for the accommodations when traveling Have stayed at others where the grounds are kept clean of all litter.

The staff is friendly enough but the beds lack comfort even though they say they were recently replaced and all rooms newly renovated.

The management either needs to be replaced or trained further in appearance of there grounds.

Room Tip: If you are paying for it choose another hotel. If you are looking for extended stay hotels try Town...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Margaret And Jo... W
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your feedback regarding our hotel grounds and bedding options is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

First off Meika was amazing! She was so sweet to both of us and made a stressful situation much easier! The staff is very friendly, the room is clean, easy access in and out to walk our dogs. On a lower note, tge kitchen could use a few more dishes and no ice machine is a negative for any hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with us. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms and great service to all of our guests. I am delighted to know that we accomplished this goal during your stay. Thank you again for your extremely valuable feedback. We continuously try to improve our guests experience and without your comments we would not be able to do so. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Rafael
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera
North Bay San Rafael
North Bay San Rafael
#6 of 8 in San Rafael

Been to Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East? Share your experiences!