“Clean and friendly stay”

Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We checked into Extended Stay for one night and were welcomed by Mark who was really friendly. Our room was very nice and extremely clean and included a small kitchen which was handy. The hotel also had a laundry room which was another useful attribute. It location was convenient for driving onto the 101 freeway which connected you to many other locations within minutes. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with your clean room, our friendly staff and your fully equipped kitchen. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our location and our laundry facility during your visit with us.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed here for two weeks when I found out that my apartment had mold and my new one wasn't ready. I needed to move immediately and this hotel was ready for my and my two cats. I loved staying here! The staff was wonderful. Special thanks to Debbie, Tammy, Meika and Luis. They looked after the cats and me so well. The accommodations were really new and nice. I felt like I was at an expensive hotel. The bathrooms had recently been redone. I did bring in a few things from home for the kitchen but overall, the kitchen and furnishings seemed to be pretty new and nice. Cleaning is once and week. I was worried about my cats getting out. You can get magnets for the door that says "pet in room" but someone kept taking them off. The cleaners were surprised to see my cats and didn't let them out. Nice!

I met other guests who seemed very happy with their experience, too. There was a small gym, a nice pool area, a BBQ and a breakfast area. I didn't use any of those but they seemed great. I did use my TV a lot and appreciated all of the channels. There was plenty of parking and a cart I could use to bring stuff up and down to my room.

If you needed extra towels, the staff at the front desk was always there for you. For the money, this place was fabulous. I am recommending it to everyone! I hope I get to stay here again, although I hope not for the same reason.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe room for a little extra money. Look online for a deal. Also, I took a room on...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The grounds keeping at this horrible, the outside ashtrays are overflowing, cigarette butts all over the grounds (even in the smoking space). Have been here for two days and the same wad of gum is still on the rim of the ashtray by the back door. Was the same when we were last here before Christmas. No choice as to where we stay as my husbands company pays for the accommodations when traveling Have stayed at others where the grounds are kept clean of all litter.

The staff is friendly enough but the beds lack comfort even though they say they were recently replaced and all rooms newly renovated.

The management either needs to be replaced or trained further in appearance of there grounds.

Room Tip: If you are paying for it choose another hotel. If you are looking for extended stay hotels try Town...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Margaret And Jo... W
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your feedback regarding our hotel grounds and bedding options is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

First off Meika was amazing! She was so sweet to both of us and made a stressful situation much easier! The staff is very friendly, the room is clean, easy access in and out to walk our dogs. On a lower note, tge kitchen could use a few more dishes and no ice machine is a negative for any hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with us. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms and great service to all of our guests. I am delighted to know that we accomplished this goal during your stay. Thank you again for your extremely valuable feedback. We continuously try to improve our guests experience and without your comments we would not be able to do so. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I am giving this hotel location three stars in order to raise it's rating, especially with AAA. This is not the fanciest place I've ever stayed but it sure isn't the worst place either. It is spacious, clean and very reasonably priced. It isn't necessarily in a central location but I don't stay in the room, I'm out and about. I stayed two nights and from there went to Tiburon, Stinson Beach, Muir Woods on separate trips and back and forth to the northern part of San Rafael. Easy navigation to all locations. I stayed in a King room and had loads of space. The kitchen is small and efficient although they state it is fully equipped but really only had 2 of each; plates, bowls, cups, glasses, knives, forks and spoons. There were no other utensils in the room I had. They had a pot, pan, toaster, colander, coffee pot, microwave and oven/stove combo and full size refrigerator. It was sufficient for a simple meal but I could've use a sharp knife for cutting/trimming. The shower was nice, no tub. A hair dryer and iron are supplied.
I did find fault with a packaged soap in the shower that I couldn't open because the plastic was tough. Had I known I would have opened it prior to going in the shower. I also did not like the towels; the washcloth felt like sandpaper on my face, very rough.

They do provide a light continental breakfast and start that much earlier than most hotels. There is a pool and exercise room but I didn't use either.

As I expected this type of hotel does draw some people who are staying here as opposed to an apartment or other permanent housing. With that said it means that some of the guests are from a lower socioeconomic demographic. No one bothered me and everyone was nice. I just offer this information to be thorough. I, personally, would stay again and do recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank msaardvark
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The good places were not pet-friendly, so we ended up staying here, in the middle of nowhere.

We paid $139 for this place with a lousy excuse for a 'breakfast'. Awful. The lady at the front desk was nice.

The next day we were at the Sheraton in Petaluma, what a difference! Helpful staff, comfortable rooms, a restaurant, an outside pool etc. for $109 without breakfast.

Never again, unless we're desperate.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FlyingDutchman_12
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

In general, we were surprised by the poor choice of motels in Marin County. We lived there years ago, and it is not much better than then. I suppose it is due to zoning constraints. The Extended Stay is very near to a busy freeway, so there is lots of traffic noise, fortunately, we were in back. The entrance is hard to navigate and even find. The beds were clean and comfortable, fortunately we had brought our own pillows. The supposed breakfast was horrible and consisted of granola bars, stale apples, and coffee.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for your review about your stay at our hotel. I am so glad that you found your bed to be comfortable; however, I am sorry that our location was hard to find and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that your feedback is very important to us and we are keeping it in mind as we continue to make improvements moving forward.

We truly appreciate your comments. Hopefully you will choose to stay with us again in the future so we can show you our enhanced efforts.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Rafael
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera
North Bay San Rafael
North Bay San Rafael
#6 of 8 in San Rafael

Been to Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East? Share your experiences!