“Comforable and convenient”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
San Diego, California
“Comforable and convenient”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed three days at the hotel and found it to be very comfortable and convenient to both SF and the East Bay just over the Carquines Bridge where we had a family gathering.
The room was nice with a kitchen. These hotels are made for people needing extra days to stay. We thought the "breakfast" was weak. There were only pastries, some fruit, apples, oranges and bananas. Coffee and tea were vailable but there was no juice, or milk. The fitness room was nicely equiped but need to have a scale and a clock. Overall it was a nice stay. The staff was excellent. We left my pillow at the hotel and, wqith an authorization and credit card allowance, they fedex it the next day. It was at my home when we returned.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a king bed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your overall experience was pleasant.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed. We take all our comments from guests very seriously and take into account what guests may suggest so that we may continually improve and provide just what our guests will need to feel at home.

Thanks again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Extended Stay in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Morro Bay, California
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was impressed with the size of the room. I was especially impressed by a kitchen with hardwood floors!

It was very well laid out, with an inviting pool and exercise room. Even though it was right on the freeway, it was very quiet. Easy to get anywhere, especially downtown San Rafael.

I agree with a negative review on 'Free Breakfast'. Bring your own.

Room Tip: Didn't use room service. Bring a suit and food you can cook yourself!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

With respect to our breakfast offerings, please know that our current offerings are not designed to be a full blown breakfast, but more of an expanded coffee bar. We are thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our heated indoor pool and exercise room.

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words and we hope to see you again, soon, and often!
Holly, Michigan
Reviewed September 1, 2012

There were a couple of maintenance issues with our room, but nothing that would stop me from recommending this hotel for short or long stays. It is a nicely laid out room with an ample kitchen and storage area...full size 'frig, two burner stove, microwave, coffee pot, toaster...I liked the hardwood floor in the kitchen, carpet in the bedroom area. The room was clean, but they do not have daily housekeeping. A large laundry room is available and cost me $4 a load to wash&dry. They provide coffee, fruit and granola bars in the dining room each morning. Again, I thought it was a good value because of the amount of space and you save money by buying your own food/beverages. I would ask for a room on the back of the building if you are kept awake by highway noises. The hotel sits on hwy 580, which is very convenient, but you do hear the highway from the front rooms.

Room Tip: If highway noise keeps you awake, ask for a room in the back. The hotel itself was very quiet during...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KAREN S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to write a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

I am glad that you were happy with your room despite having some minor maintenance issues . I do want to apologize for that and I assure you that we take all comments to heart and we will look into the issues in that room and have them corrected immediately so that this does not occur again. I also want to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to return to our property in the future or that of any of our locations nationwide. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Clean. Very close to Interstate. Close enough to Muir Woods, Sausilito, Tiburon, etc. Big rooms with fridge, sink, microwave. Small TV's. Pool and hot tub. Laundry. Worthless "free" breakfast. Not even orange juice for the kidst!

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Candolim, India
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I didnt know I was booking this property till I payed for it. Anyway the good parts room is nice and big. They promised bread and breakfast , it turned out to be just that with bagel and coffee for breakfast and on weekends even that was not served thou their price didnt go down on the weekend. I payed something like $160 ++ per night for no value for money hotel. The staff was rude except for a new lady that had just joined. It more on the motel concept than the hotel they advertise. Rooms dont get cleaned everyday so if you are travelling with kids u need to aware. even extra towels from the front desk was frowned on.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Prannay,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. I certainly understand your desire for more items on our Deluxe Mornings(tm) menu, because as it is our current offerings are not designed to be a full blown breakfast, but more of an expanded coffee bar. We advertise it as just that, because we don't want anyone to be disappointed when they discover we don't have a full breakfast. Our typical Deluxe Mornings(tm) items include gourmet coffee, bagels and cream cheese, and fresh fruit. I wish that we had been able to communicate better to you exactly what we offer. In the case of housekeeping, our standard service schedule provides one full housekeeping after every seven days stayed, with the option to purchase additional housekeeping services as desired. Operating our business in this way allows us to continue offering the same great rates to which our guests have become accustomed.

San Rafael, California
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Excellent Staff !! very helpful and attentive. Were able to accomodate my every request

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Daniel,

"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Pacific NW (USA)
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Extended Stay always offers value. Its property in San Rafael is no exception, and well worth the short drive from city center and its location adjacent to the approach freeway to the San Rafael Bridge. The rooms are large, clean, and well serviced: plenty of towels, good flat screen, wireless, pots/pans & coffee in the rooms, and a sparse, quick breakfast. The desk staff is courteous and the house staff are friendly and as helpful as can be. There were few other guests during our visit, so it was pretty quiet inside. Perfectly comfortable, not many frills, but an excellent value.

Room Tip: Secure a room on the opposte side of the building from the traffic -- which is heavy during the week...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Rafael
Best Western Corte Madera Inn
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County
Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area

Been to Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East? Share your experiences!