Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
princeton, nj
“scary place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at the extended stay for one week during a business trip. While the rooms are OK (clean, spacious) this hotel is kind of scary (at least for me-a single woman traveller); the pictures are deluding because the hotel is in an industrial area with absolutely nothing to do; the guests are weird, I hardly saw any families or children, but bumped into a lot of "regulars" carrying bags heavy with alcohol and I suspect there is some drug dealing too (judging by the some of the characters I saw entering and leaving the hotel). I asked my company to move me in a different hotel because I felt unsafe and shortly after I found out that this hotel was involved in a shooting earlier this year (why wasn't I surprised)? The extended stay hotel policy is to clean the room only once a week, which for me I felt it was too much, the staff is almost never there (and they don't even have a map of the area, nor can they give any advice on attractions, things to do, etc.), the breakfast is a joke (almost nothing to choose from- I only grabbed coffee anyway and bought my breakfast at a whole foods nearby) and the pool looked disgusting - I didn't even dare use it. Overall, this is a relatively new hotel and maybe it was just my bad luck to be there at the same time as many "interesting" other tourists, but I would definitely not go there again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank beachloverPrinceton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Lakeport, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was very Surprised with my accommodations. I travel 2 to 3 weeks per month, every month and I stay at 3, 4 and 5 star Hotels. I was left in awe at the beauty of my room, the decor, the electronics and pull out full swivel plasma TV. a luxurious granite bathroom, that was extremely clean. The mini-kitchen was adorable, new, clean and had everything and more, even single use dish washing soap and Coffee with all the condiments. We forgot our toothbrushes and the Front Desk Agent took care of that. The check in process was so pleasant, I didn't want to end my conversation with the Agent, she was very sweet and informative about the area. I highly recommend Extended Stay Deluxe San Rafael. We stayed in room 104. It has 2 Queen beds. You WILL NOT be disappointed, not one bit.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 104, it was beautiful. I can't comment on the other rooms, but I expect they a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

In Marin to visit we chose this hotel because of location and price. The room was large but needs some updating on the furniture and carpeting (worn looking and too many different colors of green that clashed) and a larger TV that you can actually see from where it is placed in the room. The wood-looking vinyl in bathroom and kitchen and carpets were clean, but made the room look less than homey. The bed was comfortable. Improvements could have been made upgrading the tissues, furniture and carpeting and putting paper towels in the kitchen area. The biggest disappointment was no breakfast served on the weekends, which was when we stayed there. There are no restaurants close, so it was very inconvenient. We will not stay there again for that reason alone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from busy roadway.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN Corte Madera Inn
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera
Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area

Been to Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East? Share your experiences!