“Our neighborhood gem!!!”
Review of Panama Hotel

Panama Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Panama Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 230 Restaurants in San Rafael
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: B Street & Woodland Avenue
San Rafael, California
“Our neighborhood gem!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Travelers.... GO TO THIS PLACE!!!! AMAZING FOOD! Try the burger, or tortilla soup! Sometimes there is live music, great atmosphere, lots of history about this place... You should definitely give it a try!!!!

Visited August 2012

northern California
“Just give me a little taste of everything, please”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

If I lived in San Rafael, I'd just start working my way through the menu. Didn't see anything I wouldn't want to try. Spouse had the chicken tortilla soup and raved about it. I had the burger and perfect fries. Burger is big enough to share and delicious. Those who ate the salmon were very happy also. Must repeat soon.

• Visited August 2012
Washington, DC
“Charming neighborhood restaurant with excellent dining”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The Panama Hotel Restaurant is a hidden gem. It has wonder food and excellent service. We have eaten there many times while staying at the hotel. The outside patio is very nice,

Visited August 2012
tripper45
“Quaint, relaxing, good American food”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We were celebrating a birthday, and had a lovely meal listening to Wendy DeWitt duo playing music (Thursday nights and changes each week I understand). We chose a pork chop dinner with brown rice and vegetables, and their popular burger with fries which we enjoyed and shared tastes. Excellent was the beet salad. And for dessert we had coffee and chocolate mousse that was delicious, with a candle lit for the birthday person (thanks to Kat, the warm and welcoming hostess). There is a patio area for dining which was full when we arrived, we sat inside in a charming old Inn atmosphere. There is also seating at a small bar near the band. I hope to return.

• Visited July 2012
San Rafael, California
“Panama Hotel revisited”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Each year my Bocce team celebrates end of the spring season at the nearby Panama.(hotel and restaurant) We lunch in the patio under a ceiling of beach umbrellas...and trees. Charming place, diverse menu. I always order a cup & love their chicken tortilla soup .

• Visited May 2012