“Above average Chinese place”
Review of Yet Wah Restaurant

Yet Wah Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 247 Restaurants in San Rafael
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Tasty food. Enjoyed the evening. Nothing to go wow about but above average the usual Chinese food place.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

There was a cockroach in our Mongolian beef dish tonight. Instinct made us want to vomit and walk out, but we were courteous and stayed to eat the pot stickers and chow mein (after careful inspection beforehand!). They owners were present and were generous enough to waive the fee for the Mongolian Beef (which we did not continue eating after we spotted the insect) but had no qualms about charging us $36 for the pot stickers, chow mein, lychee fruit. Really?!? Sure- we paid up and even tipped the waiter (not his fault), but if this is what the owners thought was an appropriate solution, I disagree. As it was, I had no intention of returning myself, but charging us for the experience motivated me to leave a review.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We probably eat take out from Yet Wah about 3 times per month. It is our "go to" chinese delivery place. We eat at the restaurant occasionally. Food is great. The service is usually very good. It isn't cheap but it is convenient and good tasting.

3  Thank rhctraveler
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Truly one of the best Chinese restaunts in San Rafael. Get the Honey Walnut Prawns. Very good.

3  Thank Jacqueline S
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I eaten here on and off for the last 10+ years. More often than that, I've picked up food to go. I've never been particulary comfortable eating there as the space is off-putting and the service tends to be awkward. I keep coming back, however, usually for take out, because the food is absolutely superb, among the best I've had in my 45 years in the Bay Area. If you don't care about ambience eat there. If you're nearby, just call in and either have them deliver or pick up the food. You will be happy.

3  Thank Peter B