“Great take out delivery service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Yet Wah Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yet Wah Restaurant
Ranked #107 of 229 Restaurants in San Rafael
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
san francisco
“Great take out delivery service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

We probably eat take out from Yet Wah about 3 times per month. It is our "go to" chinese delivery place. We eat at the restaurant occasionally. Food is great. The service is usually very good. It isn't cheap but it is convenient and good tasting.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank rhctraveler

San Rafael, California
“Our favorite Chinese Restaurarants in San Rafael”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Truly one of the best Chinese restaunts in San Rafael. Get the Honey Walnut Prawns. Very good.

Visited February 2012
3 Thank Jacqueline S
San Rafael, California
“Frigid Atmosphere, So-so service, heavenly food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

I eaten here on and off for the last 10+ years. More often than that, I've picked up food to go. I've never been particulary comfortable eating there as the space is off-putting and the service tends to be awkward. I keep coming back, however, usually for take out, because the food is absolutely superb, among the best I've had in my 45 years in the Bay Area. If you don't care about ambience eat there. If you're nearby, just call in and either have them deliver or pick up the food. You will be happy.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank Peter B
San Rafael, California
“Don't order food for delivery/takeout”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I have loved Yet Wah for the past 3 decades. But unfortunately, with the current economy, many restaurants are cutting corners - Yet Wah in San Rafael is no exception. I remember when the quality of takeout food used to be the same as being served at the restaurant. After I made my for-delivery order by phone on July 26, 2011, the food was delivered to our house only 15 minutes later. While you can commend Yet Wah on their delivery speed, based on the distance the restaurant is from our home (3 ½ miles), I calculated they would have had to prepare all the orders (about 7 of them) in a total time of 2 or 3 minutes. Fat chance of that. What they apparently did, as reflected in our taste of the food, was to provide us food that had been sitting around for some time, not cooked after ordering. Perhaps some people can't tell the difference, but my wife and I can. Some of the orders were so bad and tasteless (the pressed duck) that we would not feed them to our dogs. We called Yet Wah San Rafael and objectively explained our concerns. The person we talked to was extremely defensive and claimed all food is cooked after ordering, but yet did not accept our offer for us to drive down to the restaurant and have him taste it for himself and he could not explain why our entire order could have been prepared in only 2 or 3 minutes. What used to be our go-to Chinese restaurant for 30 or so years is no longer. Good-by Yet Wah. [PS: I think DJs in Larkspur now has the best Chinese food in Marin. ]

• Visited July 2011
San Rafael, California
“Best Chinese in San Rafael”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

I ordered Yet Wah blindly out of the phone book to feed my helpers on the day I moved to San Rafael. I was subsequently complimented on my excellent taste by several neighbors. After one or two attempts to broaden my palate, I must concur with their assessment. Yet Wah serves the best Chinese food in San Rafael.

3 Thank AnsonInCA