“DELICIOUS”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

this place was great. awesome rolls, friendly service, and a $10 sake sampler - YUM! would definitely go here again if we are in San Rafael in the future.

1  Thank nursenicole329

Reviewed July 23, 2013

After a second visit and having tasted more dishes, I can share my satisfaction. It's crowded but we were seated relatively quickly. Once seated, service was fine. To be safe, go on a weekday night or very early or late on a weekend.
It's noisy from the crowd, but like many other such restaurants you adjust to that when you are served.
The seafood rolls, Baja California Roll, Fire Cracker Roll, and tempura dishes were terrific. The grilled oysters were yummy. The miso soup was good. The variety of sushi was great.
I especially appreciated being told if certain dishes were spicy or very spicy while ordering.
There appeared to be many regular customers as many people around us seemed to order without looking at a menu.
N.B., I realize many long time customers who used to love it don't love it anymore since the location moved across the street. Portions size and pricing are the reasons. I don't have that historical perspective. To me, it's worth visiting. But the owners ought to listen to their long time customers. Losing word-of-mouth advertising hurts business.

1  Thank Bruce415453
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I came to Sushi To Dai For on a Saturday night for dinner. The place was packed. The pleasant Hostess said that I would have to wait forty-five minutes for a table. At first I hesitated, but I decided to wait as I was really craving sushi. Sushi To Dai For was well worth the wait. The sushi was fresh and delicious. I ordered the Philadelphia and Dragon rolls, which were great. I also liked their Miso soup. The service was impeccable. If in San Rafael, I will certainly return to Sushi To Dai For.

1  Thank Meticulous_One
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place is the one sushi place that my son loves going to. He really loves their sushi. They are very family friendly.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Fresh, Fresh fish of all sorts! Excellent hand rolls and specialties based on what is most fresh-soft shell crab rolls are particularly tasty.