“Good Local Place”

Casa Manana
Ranked #23 of 235 Restaurants in San Rafael
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: The restaurant is located on D. St right next to Arco gas station. Large parking lot is conveniently available for customers to park. We are located in the courtyard of the large medical building. Please don't let the location fool you. We have very nice outdoor seating as well as indoor. Perfect place to bring your kids or even your dog. Laid back polite friendly service. Family owned and operated since 1979 in this same location!
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This small Mexican restaurant is located in the middle of a small complex of doctors' offices on D Street in San Rafael. The outside seating is the best - very pleasant. Reasonably priced. They have lots of vegetarian options. Also they will make things mild if requested.

There are newer reviews for Casa Manana

Reviewed June 30, 2014

So glad this place is open again after a fire. We always eat outside--most pleasant--but inside is now welcoming and comfortable. Always water, chips and salsa when we arrive. The food is
quickly and beautifully served. One can have it mild or spicier. Very fair prices--especially on the specials.

1  Thank MarcieLeach
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Creative menu with very fresh food. Atmosphere is lacking indoors unless you like the feel of Mama's kitchen when you dine out. Good to have patio seating. Creative combination and delicious.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Although my son-in-law Sam had highly recommended Casa Mañana, having enjoyed dining there before, both of us were disappointed with our menu selections today. Sam had chalupas and I, a beef stuffed poblano. As for me, I prefer highly spiced dishes and sauces and I found the food and salsa bland. The sauces seem to suffer from excess of cornstarch. Even the tortilla chips were unsalted and tasteless. Too bad. I had high expectations.

May I say a few positive words about the restaurant. The service was exemplary. The decor inside and out in the tree-shaded courtyard was clean and attractive. I doubt if I will return but might recommend it to those who like mild Mexican food.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Marin County doesn't have much to offer in old school Mexican food dinning. There are a lots of Burrito/Taco Taco-rea types but few who take the next step to really good Mexican food for Breakfast, Lunch and Diner. Nothing flashy just old world cooking without all the big lights and high prices.

The waitress stated they have been at this location for 32 years. I confess it is a little hard to find, a very quite location, a very simple set up, nothing flashy...the food speaks for itself.

Open 7 days a week.