“Lunch: Casa Mañana ”

Casa Manana
Ranked #22 of 235 Restaurants in San Rafael
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: The restaurant is located on D. St right next to Arco gas station. Large parking lot is conveniently available for customers to park. We are located in the courtyard of the large medical building. Please don't let the location fool you. We have very nice outdoor seating as well as indoor. Perfect place to bring your kids or even your dog. Laid back polite friendly service. Family owned and operated since 1979 in this same location!
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Although my son-in-law Sam had highly recommended Casa Mañana, having enjoyed dining there before, both of us were disappointed with our menu selections today. Sam had chalupas and I, a beef stuffed poblano. As for me, I prefer highly spiced dishes and sauces and I found the food and salsa bland. The sauces seem to suffer from excess of cornstarch. Even the tortilla chips were unsalted and tasteless. Too bad. I had high expectations.

May I say a few positive words about the restaurant. The service was exemplary. The decor inside and out in the tree-shaded courtyard was clean and attractive. I doubt if I will return but might recommend it to those who like mild Mexican food.

There are newer reviews for Casa Manana

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Marin County doesn't have much to offer in old school Mexican food dinning. There are a lots of Burrito/Taco Taco-rea types but few who take the next step to really good Mexican food for Breakfast, Lunch and Diner. Nothing flashy just old world cooking without all the big lights and high prices.

The waitress stated they have been at this location for 32 years. I confess it is a little hard to find, a very quite location, a very simple set up, nothing flashy...the food speaks for itself.

Open 7 days a week.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

If you enjoy food from countries south of the border, try this restaurant! Casa Manana serves delicious meals on the quiet patio area of a medical complex. There are umbrellas and tables for outdoor dining and tables inside the intimate restaurant. The waitresses are very friendly and attentive. For a small establishment, they have a large selection of dishes to choose from.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I attempted to find this restaurant at what was apparently an old location, even though reviews had been posted about this old location, AND the address was still on the internet. When I realized this, I called the restaurant to get directions to the current location. The older woman who answered the phone of course confirmed that they had moved. I asked her for directions, but because English was her second language she wasn't able to do that. I asked her if there was anyone else I could speak to. She suggested her daughter, which I agreed to, then she hung up. Very disappointed in this complete lack of customer service.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We eat here often as my friends office is across the street. But that is just how we discovered this gem. Food is wonderful, great salsas, & the Diet Coke... what can I say!