“A TACO PILGRIMAGE DESTINATION ”
Review of Puentez Taqueria

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Puentez Taqueria
Order Online
Ranked #3 of 9 Quick Bites in San Rafael
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

This is an authentic mom & pop Mexican food place. Everything is fresh made to order, excellent quality, big portions and inexpensive.

Don’t miss it.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed November 6, 2018

The burritos are huge, too much for me so I order the kid's burrito. Usually restaurants won't serve the kid's menu to adults, but not here. The small burrito is just enough to satisfy my craving without any leftovers. I always get a chile relleno to go for my husband. I usually avoid lunch time when all the kids from the high school show up.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

This place is nearby my work location, so I'm occasionally tempted to go down there and grab a burrito for lunch. It's mostly quick, but the system is a single line, and the place is pretty popular, so if you are behind someone who is ordering for the entire office or work crew, the line takes a while. If it's all single orders, it goes quickly. And if you can get there a little ahead or after the noon hour, it's less of a line.

I usually order the chile verde super burrito, which is really tasty, and generous, although not so huge that you need to save half of it. The volume they do pretty much ensures that the food is fresh and I have never had a bad burrito, but never really go in for other items. I have also had the pollo asado burrito which is also tasty.

It's friendly, quick, and you can sit inside or outside if the weather is nice. All around a good burrito place for a quick bite.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed August 10, 2016

I would give this venue 4 stars based on their super burrito. However, my wife ordered the enchilada plate, and the enchiladas were absolutely tasteless ( I tasted them). The service is friendly and welcoming, but they need to intensify the flavors a bit (I'm not talking about more salt).

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed June 1, 2016

been going here for years. great family run business. as others have said there can be a wait at times, but that means it's good, right?? have tried almost everything on the menu and it's all great.

Date of visit: May 2016