“Delightful, off the beaten path restaurant”
Review of Cafe Arrivederci

Cafe Arrivederci
Ranked #1 of 247 Restaurants in San Rafael
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is not a location tourists would easily find, but it's a favorite of locals and Bay Area people who know it. Food is wonderful, service is great, ambiance a real upper, but not overdone. It's a place we go for special occasions and "let's not cook tonight" dinners too. Seafood Risotto is the best I've ever had. When we ordered a single salad, the waiter asked, without prompting, if we'd like it split. After we'd paid the check, they found out it was a birthday occasion, and sent ut home with a desert big enough for two, because we hadn't mentioned it during dinner! Portions are generous and prices reasonable both for Marin's often overpriced restaurants with much less outstanding food and for the value.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Finally. A great Italian restaurant. Carpaccio. YES. Calamari. Bring that. Pasta choices that were tantalizing. Nice variety of salads. Even a burger for those who can't face up to really delicious food. Splendid service and reasonable prices. Loved sitting outside. I had a caprese salad; simple, fresh and perfect for me. Next time I will try the pasta.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Café Arrivederci is one of my favorite places to eat. We have our favorite waiters, Omar and Glenn, and we enjoy eating outdoors in the patio area when the weather is nice . The food is very good, no matter what we eat. I like their linguini and clams, my husband likes their veal marsala. The have good salads, nice desserts and again it is one of our favorite places to eat.
Please give it a try if you are in San Rafael. I also must add, that parking is very limited in spaces, so you might have to park around the area and walk to the restaurant. It will not be a long walk and I truly hope you will enjoy your experience.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent food and service. The Calamari Fritti was eccelent. The Crapaccio and the Capellini Al Pomodoro were also very good. However the Vitello Funghi (Sauteed with mushrooms and demi-glazed white) was not very good. I would prefer a Stroganoff type creamy mushroom sauce.
But overall all my friends were very complementary and definitely will go back.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a wonderful New Year's Eve dinner at Cafe Arrivederci in San Rafael. We always enjoy dining there and it was great to go out on New Year's and not have to pay a high fixed price. The scallop dish was lovely and the service was great.