“Great food, excellent music!”

Terrapin Crossroads
Ranked #3 of 229 Restaurants in San Rafael
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Terrapin Crossroads is a healthy down-home all-American eatery, taproom & lounge. We provide a comfortable, family-friendly environment, that merges music with food. We pride ourselves on our fresh, unique beer selection and a delicious and approachable menu. Terrapin Crossroads is a restaurant that celebrates the arts; and our kitchen staff showcases their passion for the culinary arts each day. We believe that our menu exhibits their passion through its creative, fresh and exciting choices. We love what we do, and every day we relish watching the joy people find in the surroundings here. Terrapin Crossroads will also host ongoing shows where Phil will invite his musician friends – both young and old – to play along with him in his various bands - Phil Lesh & Friends, West Coast Rambles, the Fellowship and the Terrapin All Stars.
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
“Great food, excellent music!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I liked everything about this restaurant. The food is moderately priced, and worth every penny. I had mussels in a white wine sauce, which was devine. We were treated to the music of Grahame Lesh's Terrapin Family Band. What a treat for your ears! I highly recommend this restaurant for brunch.

Visited July 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to go out in San Rafael”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We love the live music in the dining room, lively atmosphere and delicious food. It feels like a San Francisco hot spot, only located in Marin.

• Visited May 2013
Walnut Creek, California
“A Relaxing Afternoon Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I joined some family members for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon for a late lunch. We had no problem being seated quickly and had a choice between indoors and the deck overlooking the water. Since it was a hot day, we chose to eat inside, but there was a nice breeze coming in through the area opening out to the deck. A live band was playing music, which was a nice touch as it wasn't too loud and provided a special background while we dined. I ordered the fish and chips, which I enjoyed. The fish were lightly battered and crisp, though a bit oily. The others also enjoyed their meals. I found this to be a good place to relax and visit and we never felt rushed to finish and leave. I did find the service rather slow, however. Our waitress was friendly, but would disappear for long periods and even after ordering, it took quite a while for our meals to arrive and the restaurant wasn't crowded. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone who has limited time, but I found it to be a great place to relax, enjoy the music, and visit with family or friends while dining.

• Visited June 2013
Earth, Texas
“Is it the end or beginning?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went with a group for breakfast during the Furthur 3 day run for NYE. Crab benedict was good but pricey. Liked the old photos of Jerry, Pigpen, etc and the herbs and fruit trees outside. Had to go because it's Phil & Jill's place.

• Visited January 2013
Sacramento
“Live music, grate food (ha get it?) and amazing staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went here for Sunday brunch. We arrived to live music and a very fun atmosphere. The music is pretty loud so be prepared and ask to sit further (ha get it?) away from the band if it is too loud for you. At first I wasn't sure if I would like the live music while we ate but it was FABULOUS. We had about a 15 min wait to get seated (we did not have a reservation). We sat in a very comfortable booth. the menu is wonderful. we had the mussels and fries and eggs Benedict. I am still dreaming about the mussels and fries. The eggs benedict was good but i might try something else next time. This is a super cool place to eat. I can't wait to go back. Also the service was the best ever and my latte was hot to the last drop. LOVE this place.

• Visited May 2013