“Always satisfies; never disappoints”

La Strada Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in San Pablo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic
El Cerrito, California, United States
“Always satisfies; never disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Well-prepared, simple and tasty Italian food. Some of the best calamari anywhere. All entrees include choice of soup (home-made minestrone or special of the day) or salad (very basic, but adequate). Really enjoy their linguine tutte mari. And THE best tiramisu! Not fancy food, but dependable. And wonderful staff, especially Ginger, one of our favorite wait persons. Everyone makes you feel welcome and special. Hostess last night, Dominique, was delightfully engaging and actively involved. We always leave feeling glad we had come.

• Visited March 2014

Spring Lake, New Jersey, United States
“Delicious Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Every time I am in the East Bay I have dinner with my family at La Strada. They have a very nice menu, and the service is always warm and welcoming. The Carpaccio -thinly sliced cured beef, capers, extra virgin olive oil, pecorino cheese and arugula is spectacular. I love the Cannelloni stuffed with veal, ricotta cheese and spinach in a pink sauce topped with mozzarella. The polenta is the best I have ever tasted - it's smooth and creamy almost like mashed potatoes with a beautiful corn flavor. Last time I was in California we went to La Strada for one meal every day for the entire visit.

• Visited February 2014
melbourne
“Wonderful home cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was wonderful home comfort food. The quality was amazing and there was something for everybody, from my 3 yo to my sister the Chef. It was a really great meal.

Visited December 2013
Sonoma, California
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

First this is not a handicap accessible restaurant. The restrooms are appalling for disabled guests. We had a party of 18 for a Christmas dinner. The special; salmon piccata tasted like a salt lick. The other special chicken and mushroom risotto had gritty mushrooms in it. The Napa/American Canyon location is a much better choice. This place should be closed!!!!!

• Visited December 2013
hr1487
“Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The ambiance and the food, to me, were fantastic. I had the veal with steamed veggies and polenta. I will say that I won't eat polenta again....really just reminded me of Cream of Wheat. But the salads, bread, and main dish were very, very good. The veal was cooked perfectly. My travel companion said his chicken was "rubbery" though. Service was prompt and attentive with ALL staff taking care of refills, dishes, etc. Our waitress was very knowledgable and quick/eager to make recommendations. I doubt I'll ever find myself in San Pablo again but if I do I'd definately consider La Strada again!

• Visited October 2013