“Stay here at least once every 7 weeks or so.”

Holiday Inn Express San Pablo
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in San Pablo
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a great Holiday Inn! Updated facility, clean, great beds, quiet hotel! The front desk people either always remember me or do a good job of acting like they do. Great breakfast of course offered by Holiday Inn. I love their work out room, never packed and I can always get a treadmill. The neighborhood is a little shady but I always seem to feel safe. Never had any problems parking my rental car there either. There are no restaurants within walking distance, not like you should be walking around that location anyway.
Right off the highway.........easy on and off for business folks like myself.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kim L
PareshP347, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear Mrs. Kim L,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Holiday Inn Express San Pablo and recognizing our amazing Team Members. I am also pleased to know you enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast along with many more amenities we offer to our guest.

I look forward to continuing to host you for years to come!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express San Pablo

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel was clean, quiet, and the front desk staff was very helpful and pleasant. They helped me set the thermostat, which was very important to me. Very convenient, good value by advance purchase. Only downside is the lack of restaurants with decent edibles within walking distance. (I arrived late at night and didn't want to drive any more.)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan P
PareshP347, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Susan P.,

We at the Holiday Inn Express San Pablo appreciate you for taking time to write the review.
Your words of appreciation encourage us to continue to offer our guests with highest care and personal attention.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the help and service extended to you. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was our first time on a H Inn Express property. This is the BEST deal ever. The amenities are just impeccable: wonderful bed, crisp clean and modern/new baths, modern decos all over, and the best: the included breakfast DOES have hot protein such as egg and sausages not only breads and sweets enough to keep you healthy and full for a good part of the day. For road trippers this is a must! i booked some other HIexpress later on on my trip to the same ultra satisfaction.

Room Tip: We were so tired that did not notice room location yet it was quiet and comfy!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank foxy2747
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Foxy,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were please with the breakfast options, clean and comfortable rooms, the TV selection and the restaurant near location!
We strive to make every guest comfortable and happy and it seems we made that happen. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again very soon!

Best Regards,

Vicky Chong.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We recently stayed at the HIE San Pablo on our way from SFO to Wine country. Our flight arrived late and we wanted to get ahead of traffic in the morning but not drive until 2am to Napa. This was perfect. Right off the highway, friendly and easy. A good choice.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunSeekerMA
PareshP347, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Mrs. SunseekerMA,

We appreciate you spending time to let us know about your recent experience with our hotel. I am happy to hear that my staff was of great assistance in finding places to visit in Napa Valley. We are always more than happy to help. We hope to see you soon, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, CA.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Ok, a hotel next to a casino right off of a major highway? Even if its a Holiday Inn Express (my GO TO hotel when on business {see other reviews}) I was skeptical. I should have learned long ago that you shouldn't judge until you experience!

The hotel is tucked in between the highway and a strip mall right behind a Jack In the Box (yeah, Milk Shakes!). I would avoid the strip mall if at all possible although there was a Dollar store there where I was able to stock up on water bottles. The hotel itself is a beautiful little building which was immaculately clean, quite, and comfortable. The rooms were ready for us at early check in and our Priority Club baskets were presented without having to be reminded. In all reality the hotel was what I have come to expect from HIE and didn't disappoint at all. The HUGE bathroom mirror with the lights tucked behind it was a classy touch I must say!

The real gems here were the front desk staff. Moriah was AMAZING and I feel like everytime I went downstairs her smiling face was there! She was spot on with her recommendations and even saved us a lot of grief by telling us how to use the BART. After checking in I chatted with her and another helpful lady (who's name I didn't get but it was on Tuesday 10/24 around 1500) for close to twenty minutes On the day we set out for San Francisco she even gave me a print out with all the BART arrival/departure times. Moriah was also able to recommend nearby restaurants like La Strada which I enjoyed. There was a young man with two earrings who was extremely helpful as well but, much to my dismay, I didn't catch his name either and I feel bad about missing two staff members who were obviously willing to help and engage with their guests (he also recommended La Strada).

One problem which is very minor but I have to mention it. Whether it was a spontaneous thing (doubtful since it occured both nights of our stay) or mentioning it slipped the desk staff's mind - the hotel offers a manager's reception with two wines and munchies which we weren't notified of. I stumbled across the evidence of it our first night and the second night I happened to be near the lobby when it was put out. The Napa Valley red I had was amazing. So be sure to head to the lobby around 1800 to score some free booze!

I think I have to head to the area again next month and, if its feasible, I will definately stay here again. Thanks!

*The hotel is a 40 minute BART ride to San Francisco and about the same in a car assuming you don't have to sit in the RIDICULOUSLY long toll both lines.

Room Tip: We stayed on the side with the back to the stip mall so we didn't hear any noise from the highwa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. HR1487,

I must say, THANK YOU! for one of the best reviews I have ever seen. We appreciate you taking time to let others know about our hidden gem. We are so happy that during your trip we were able to consistently provide you with such great service!

Everything that you described is very accurate, specially about Mariah's smile and the helpfulness of the rest of our staff. I could honestly not have said it better myself. I know this must have taken you some time to write but we would really like to thank you for such a beautiful review. These are the moments that truly show our staff what a great job they did for all of our valued guests.

Thank you again for such an amazing review for the Holiday Inn Express San Pablo.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was a lovely clean hotel with really friendly staff. We had a room with 2 beds and it was really big and clean with really comfy beds. There was free wireless in the room and the TV had a decent selection of channels. The breakfast was also good and wasnt just bread it had eggs / bacon / pancakes.
The only downside is the area isnt the best, its not as bad as some parts we drove through on the way ! but its kind of in a shopping area and seems like a little oasis on the end of it all . There is a jack in the box , starbucks and ross etc all within walking distance.
I would stay again for sure if you just want a place right off the freeway that is clean and quiet (we didnt hear road noise much at all). Also if you just intend to stay a night or so and stay in your room or have stuff to do in the local area. I wouldnt use this as a base but for a night or 2 it was a great place to stay and a lot cheaper than hotels 15-20mins down the road.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mrs.
I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our nice, clean rooms and enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. We work very hard in taking care of our property and our guests. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here at the Holiday Inn Express San Pablo. I will pass on your positive comments to our staff as they are eager to know how they are doing. Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was brilliant from the minute you are greeted in reception by the very friendly and efficient staff, who upgraded me to a Jacuzzi Suite as a Platinum Member of PCR.
The room was very large, beautifully furnished and the Bed was so comfortable, and chilling in the Jacuzzi was great. The Breakfast had great variety and all well presented.Complimentary Nibbles and Cookies were available in reception around 6pm. The hotel laundry room was easy to use so got my washing up to date. About 20 miles out of downtown San Francisco and is reasonably priced and convenient to I80. The hotel is very quiet so no road noise to disturb your sleep. Would definitely comeback again. Well done to all the staff who were great.

Room Tip: My suite faced rear of hotel and was very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr. Yorkie1948,

Thank you for your great comments! Its a great feeling to receive such an amazing feedback. Our staff is very eager to make sure that every guest experience is a great one and I'm happy that as a loyal IHG Platinum member you were satisfied with your upgraded room. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express San Pablo.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Pablo
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Hotel Shattuck Plaza
Hotel Shattuck Plaza
#1 of 20 in Berkeley

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Pablo? Share your experiences!