“Great stay!”

Holiday Inn Express San Pablo
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in San Pablo
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had a stay at this hotel and any inconvenience whatsoever that I had Felecia was ready and hastily willing to help and do whatever she can. She has fantastic customer service and has made my stay better than expected

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Keeegz
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Keeegz,

We thank you very much for your comments, we work really hard to make our hotel the best in the area and our friendly services goes above and beyond your expectations . My team is very happy that you enjoyed our amenities, specially the breakfast and friendly front desk services.
We hope to see you soon. Again thank you for sharing your comments.

P. Pakhare
Holiday Inn Express and Suites San Pablo.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel is nice and the room are clean and nice. The problem come on the field when you have to deal with the employees of this hotel.
Customer service here is a dream, front desk employee have an attitude and if you ask for something good luck.
Three of them, not just one.
Credit card charged twice.
Bill done in the wrong name.
And when you ask to fix the problem ... quote "I was not here when you checked in, look for the person that checked you in to fix this problem".
If run by better employee this would be a great hotel .... by the way ... where is the manager ??? good luck to find him/her.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear maurizi01957,

Thank you for your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

While we are pleased to hear that you liked our room accommodations, we would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations in regards to our level of service. We can assure you that your experience is not indicative of the service we are known to provide. Nevertheless, we have shared your comments with our our front office team to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again.

Your feedback is very helpful to us as we establish our best path to providing successful guest satisfaction.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here for one night during our short trip to the Bay Area. Upon check in we were cheerfully greeted by Kristin. I'm a priority club member and even though we couldn't get the points because my fiancé booked through expedia, Kristin was more than happy to provide the club perks even though I couldn't find my rewards #. The room was cozy and clean. Breakfast was average. A tip if you use the fitness center, you have to turn the treadmill switch on from the bottom. It took my honey and I a while to figure that out.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NTC214
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear NTC214,

I am so glad to hear that you consider our Holiday Inn Express, San pablo hotel as your perfect destination! And I'm even happier to hear that you plan to return to our hotel because of our easy freeway access, our breakfast and our wonderful staff.
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. We hope to see again very soon!

Please call us directly for your next visit to bay area.

Thanks Again!

Paresh Pakhare
(510) 965-1900

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel looks like an older property but it has been renovated. Our room was very clean and nicely renovated. Its right beside the freeway but the traffic noise did not bother us. Very easy to get to. Hot complementary breakfast was good with the usual options. This was the first hotel in our 1 week trip around California, where the breakfast hostess came to our table to make sure everything tasted good and to see if there was anything else we needed! (We were very impressed by the extra effort of the hostess!)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank R F
PareshP347, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Mr. RF
We are happy to hear your honest and kind words about your stay with us. It is encouraging to hear about service aspect of your stay. Our Breakfast host works hard to keep food items fresh and maintains cleanliness all the time. Our complimentary breakfast is often appreciated by our value oriented guests. Please keep us informed about your next visit to Bay area if we can be at your service for your accommodation needs. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn express San Pablo!
See you soon! on your next visit.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I checked into this hotel after finding myself having a very late night in the Oakland Berkeley area and not wanting to drive back to Sacramento. I was unable to find a hotel in the area to take me at any price. Frustrated, I headed back towards Sacramento vowing to turn off at the first quality comfort motel I could find. I was so relieved to see the large Holiday Inn Express sign visible from the freeway and easily exited and headed towards the shopping center area where Holiday Inn Express was located. By this time it was nearing 3:30 am and I was nearly sick from lack of food and exhaustion. I almost kissed the front desk clerk when he told me there was a room available and it was under $100.

The lobby was clean, spacious, modern and upscale. The clerk was quiet but professional and clear with directions as to where my room was located. My request for a late check out was granted. I visited the room briefly to drop off my bag and headed towards the 24 hour Jack in the Box located in the same parking lot. Parking was available close to the front door and the grounds were well kept and landscaped.

Back in my room, I enjoyed a long hot shower and bath thankful for the free toiletries to accommodate my last minute stay. There was a bar area, a large flat panel tv and a desk with a chair. The room was immaculate and the bed check showed perfectly clean linens, mattress and box springs. My room was on the first floor with a window facing out towards the side parking lot. The windows were clean and moved smoothly. The curtains moved smoothly, were clean, thick and kept the room dark. The bed was extra comfortable with multiple layers of padding, linens and fluffy pillows. The hotel was quiet and I slept restfully until waking up naturally around noon and checked out of the hotel. The morning front desk clerk greeted me with a smile when I handed her my room keys and wished me a nice day. It was a comfortable stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MrsMears11

Dear Ms. Mears11,

Your kind words are appreciated. let me thank you for taking time to write review about your stay with us. Hotel is fairly new. Last year we spent almost million dollars to upgrade all the amenities in the rooms and in the lobby in order to give modern look and feel to our valued guests. Our maintenance and Housekeeping staff works hard around the clock to keep rooms clean and fresh.
We have few restaurants in walking distance to serve 24hours. The hotel is nearby casino situated in clean and safe neighborhood.
Our goal is to provide excellent service at reasonable price. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
The hotel is centrally located between Sacramento and San Francisco. Let us know if we can help you with your accommodation needs on your next visit to Bay Area.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I grew up in the town of San Pablo, California and never had the occasion to stay at a local hotel until now. When relatives would come to visit in the past, we always made room at my folk's place. It was different this time as I came to put the family home up for sale and I needed a place to stay for two nights. Tucked behind a lack-luster shopping center and close to a casino, Holiday Inn Express San Pablo is a quiet oasis adjacent to a major freeway. You would expect the highway noise but there is none. The hotel is quiet and comfortable and the rooms are well insulated. The staff is courteous and the breakfast is great. The manager on duty even afforded me use of the board room with which to sign the listing agreement with my real estate agent. While the hotel is next to the freeway exit, it gives off a little rural charm as the wild turkeys roam the parking lot in the morning. There is excellent access to banking and the hospital.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. I had to re-book a second night and both rooms were facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
It is always wonderful to hear from local guests. As a part of local San Pablo community, Management is very active in local projects organized by various organizations.
At hotel our goat is to meet all your needs during your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our Hot! breakfast in the morning.
The hotel is in urban setting, however, it is not uncommon to see turkeys in the parking lot in the morning sometime, I guess it is just a blessing from mother nature.
Let us know if we can be at your service in future, Stop by, call or book on line.
Look forward to see you soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I want to comment on the hospitality of Kristan who works the counter. She was very pleasant and assisted me with getting a document printed so it could be sent by fax in a readable format. She went out of her way to do this and she wouldn't need to.
The place is clean and I was able to use the exercise room. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank carolyn v
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Carolyn V.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the exceptional service you received. Kristin and her team and truly special and it is so rewarding to hear our guests' experiences. We are fortunate to have a wonderful energy and spirit of cooperation and service at our property.

We look forward to serving you again soon. Thank you for your business. Safe travels!

Sincerely yours,

DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Best Western Corte Madera Inn
Best Western Corte Madera Inn
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Pablo? Share your experiences!