“good hotel”

Holiday Inn Express San Pablo
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in San Pablo
Reviewed January 24, 2013

After a long day in San Fran it was great to spend the night in a nice and quite hotel, the room was great and I slept like a baby. The only thing that I didnt like was the breakfast, the eggs was dryed out and cold. The hotel was in a safe area and clost to the interstate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Firebear1961,

Thank you for your kind words and input. We do try to provide the best accommodations and services in the area. We do have a very safe and quiet location, which our guests truly appreciate.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will check on the eggs and ensure that they are improved for your next visit. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Paresh

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The hotel is very conveniant to the purpose area of my trip. It is safe, clean and comfortable. The employees are friendly, curtious and helpful, especially Felicia who was superb upon checking me in and finding me a fine Itilian restaurant. She is most certainly a prize employee. The breakfast is excellant and the coffee is good (an emportant factor for me). We have other employees in my company who come to this area frequently and always drive back into Oakland
for their stays. I will certainly will be recomending this hotel (Holiday Inn Express) to them all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kevin R
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Kevin R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and input. We sincerely appreciate hearing from our guests.

Yes, we are a fabulous alternative to hotels in Oakland, Berkeley and Emeryville. Our location on I-80 makes us an easy drive to most of the East Bay. We have the best service team and agree that Valecia and her colleagues do an extraordinary job caring for our guests. And, by the way, we are about $70 cheaper than comparable hotels in other areas!

Thank you for helping others discover our little secret jewel. We look forward to serving you and your other company members very soon. Happy Holidays from our entire team!

Very truly yours,

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Each time I come to this area I have found this hotel to be very consistent. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The decorations are like you are at home. The beds are conducive of a good nights rest. Right next door there is shopping and restaurants. A little pricey but your options in this area are sub standard and in bad areas. Here you will feel very safe.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Ojodoc,

Thanks so much for your comments. We love hearing from our guests.

You note about feeling like home is really reassuring and encouraging. We do our best to care for our guests while they are on the road and really create a comfortable and inviting environment. We look forward to serving you again soon and hope you have a Happy Holiday season!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Was here for work and the hotel was not a good one. The toilet leaked, there was no hot water in the shower, the sauna was cold, there is no pool and no spa. The coffee they offer was absolutely terrible. I have stayed at many holiday inns and this was by far one of the worst I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear Lisa C.

Thank you for your patience during our recent boiler failure the other night. Believe me, your stay was certainly not typical and we apologize again for the inconveniences you faced. Our team and contractor worked 24 hours to isolate the problem, locate necessary parts, pick them up personally and install them as quickly as possible to avoid problems for our guests.

Please do consider visiting us again and giving us a chance to earn your business back. We sincerely care about our guests and encourage you to contact me directly with any additional concerns or questions. Thank you again for your input!

Respectfully yours,

Holiday Inn Express
510-965-1900
paresh@lotushotels.com

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was really happy and surprised by this hotel. The facilities were clean and well appointed, and I was impressed with the staff. A woman named Felicia working at the desk was polite and helpful and welcoming on check-in and check-out, even while she was handling several things at once. It's not very often I stay in a hotel and feel like someone's genuinely trying to make me feel at home, but I did this time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Evan J
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Evan J.

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. It is team members like Felicia who make us special.

You comment that you felt "like someone's genuinely trying to make me feel at home" was so refreshing to hear as this is exactly what we try so hard to achieve. Please know that we are committed to taking care of all of our guests and doing whatever possible to ensure they are happy.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback. We truly love hearing from our guests.

Holiday Inn Express - San Pablo
(510) 965-1900
paresh@lotushotels.com

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My work sent me to Richmond. Before booking, I read quite a bit about the front desk staff being unfriendly, but I could not pass up on the location. I am here to say, the two regular front desk staff are nothing but polite and professional. There is also a young lady, Felecia, who works weekends; she takes her job responsibilities seriously. She is a master of customer service. If the the front desk was "unfriendly," I suspect there was cause. The A/C was well-mannered yet powerful. The hotel provides a full buffet breakfast including eggs, biscuits, cereal, milk, yogurt, juice, and coffee. I did not want to leave.

I want to give this establishment "Excellent," but my room refrigerator had some scary semi-solid crumbs. Also, I cannot blame the hotel, but some guests were a little noisy (mid-week).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GMBayAreaInns, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear William P.

Thank you so much for your words and confirmation of our efforts. We sincerely try to care for each of our guests and it is really nice to hear your encouraging remarks once in a while. We will certainly share these with our staff as we continue to look for ways to improve our hotel.

We hope to serve you again soon. We truly enjoyed having you with us.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The hotel was clean. The decor was very nice. The room was clean and cozy. The room decor was modern. The mattress was comfortable and I got a good's rest for each of the 8 nights I stayed. Believe me I was very comfortable or I would have left. There was a variety of breakfast items...peanut butter..bananas.....honey....raisin bread...cinnamon rolls (oh so good) and much more. The staff was friendly..some more than others. I was just pleased overall and would stay again.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly.