“Great stop for business!”

Holiday Inn Express San Pablo
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in San Pablo
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night while on business.
Room was clean and comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was decent for a hotel insta-meal. Convenient location just off the freeway. I will most likely be back through on business again in this area and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank lpaige23
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Lpaige,

Thanks for your kind words. You are right in that we are particularly well located to serve business travelers working in the area. We try to provide all the service which our guests need to be productive, truly fast and free Wi Fi, a good free breakfast, comfortable accommodations with a large writing desk and effective lighting, plus a business center and fitness room.

We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at this property last week and it is not the best HIE to say the least. The rooms were kind of small, even after asking for an upgrade and the TV was terrible, only got a few stations. after complaining numerous times they still didn't resolve the problem, blaming it on their provider. Breakfast was OK and never on time and the staff seemed just not to care, even about Platinum members. So, if your near the SF bay area keep driving.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter if your not facing the I-80 freeway.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear acdc5348,

Please know that we take our guests' comments very seriously. After you stay, we have invested in a full new line up of HD programming on our new large LG flat panel TVs. We offer over 70 channels, plus pay per view movies and HBO in High Definition.

We hope you will visit us again and give us an opportunity to earn your business. Thank you again for your feedback and input. We genuinely appreciate it.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Very clean rooms. Our beds were very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was great and so was the staff. Walking distance to several fast food restaurants and shopping centers. This Holiday inn is one of the nicer ones I've been too. The rooms seemed to be a bit larger than some others also. Super easy check in and check out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kasdw
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear kasdwil w,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We love hearing from our guests.

We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. We recently completed a major remodel of our guest rooms and lobby and are so happy that you noticed our large comfortable room designs.

We are committed to continuously improving and hope you will visit us again soon. Feel free to contact me directly with any additional comments or input. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had an amazing time and they took care of us when we came disspointed from Merritt courtyard . Nice staff Mr Amit , felicia ! They know hot to take care of customers and give the best experience while You are traveling. Recommend to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank MoonHwain

Dear MoonHwain,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such nice comments. We do work exceptionally hard to care for our guests. It is nice to be recognized and the team members you noted are truly special.

We hope to serve you and your family again very soon. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist with anything. Safe travels!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Felicia and Paresh not only helped my family, friends and I out of a tight spot, they provided the best service I have ever received at any hotel for any price.

H I Express just became my brand of choice when I travel and this will be the location when I am in the bay area!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank KAvegas

Dear KA Vegas,

It was our genuine pleasure to serve you and your family. We love hospitality and enjoyed your company.

We always strive to care for each of our guests and go the extra mile to ensure they enjoy their visit. We are so glad you were pleased.

We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please keep in touch!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a very typical holiday inn express place. Nice and clean rooms, great free breakfast, nothing fancy no luxuries. The reception personnel was in general ok except for one person that I am not sure but he could have been the manager. I asked for a safe box to put my valuables and he asked how much money I wanted to store ! Then he said that all THREE boxes were already in use. Three boxes for all the guests seems either stupid or no real.
In other occasion The coke machine had a big "broken" label so I asked if there was some other. For my surprise the same guy of the safe boxes tell me that the machine was not broken and asked me for the money to put in it. I told him that I wanted a Diet Coke and he got one only after telling me a big sermon about how bad for my health was to drink diet coke.
The hotel is quite far from San Francisco but there is a BART station 5 minutes driving from the hotel with plenty of parking space for $1 a day. It is very close to a freeway but it was quiet.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jaime N
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear JNavonC,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback. We sincerely appreciate your input.

Thank you for confirming that we meet all Intercontinental/Holiday Inn standards for quality, cleanliness and amenities, including breakfast. We recently completed a renovation incluidng new 37 inch LCD televisions, lobby decor, furniture and exterior improvements.

Please accept our apologies for the poor communication at the front desk. We will certainly review our training protocols and arrangments for safe deposit and vending services. Again, your comments help us in indentifying areas for improvement. Thank you again for your business and we hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Rude, rude, rude staff. Couldn't have been more rude if she'd tried.

The room was fine, but the staff experience on arrival at the front desk was so bad that we'd never stay there again.

Very tough area and noisy people on our floor (way past midnight) made it so we didn't feel that safe and didn't sleep very well

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JSTD C
Bhupen12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Kanuk26,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor service you received during check in at our hotel. There is absolutely no excuse for such an experience and be assured that we will re-train and improve the quaility of the check in experience for all guests.

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. Please do not hesistate to contact me directly with additonal details or concerns. We hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our hotel's genuine commitment to service. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Respectfully yours,

DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Best Western Corte Madera Inn
Best Western Corte Madera Inn
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Pablo? Share your experiences!