“We went with some friends who are regulars so we got there in line early for the stewed pork. It was good, but a bit...”
Review of Santa Ramen

Santa Ramen
Ranked #23 of 409 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 13, 2008

We went with some friends who are regulars so we got there in line early for the stewed pork. It was good, but a bit too oily for me. I still like Ryowa better especially since you don't have to always wait in line.

“Very greasy”
Reviewed July 4, 2008

Very greasy

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The Ramen here is REALLY...”
Reviewed June 22, 2008

The Ramen here is REALLY good. The soup base is awesome and the Stewed Pork is nice. But be warned, this stuff is fatty and creamy, hence all the flavor. However, I'm docking it a point simply because I have to pay $15 for Ramen, but it's still worth it.

San Francisco, Bay Area
“Overrated”
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We went for ramen. I tried the one with the miso sauce. My husband tried the soy sauce ramen. The soy sauce ramen was definitely better. I didn't think the ramen here was any different than any other ramen place. I definitely don't think it's worth waiting in line for. It's a good place to grab a bite to eat, but at the end of the day, I really think it's just overpriced noodles.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great tonkotsu ramen, best I've had in the US so far. Only negatives are no fresh garlic, eggs that come cold and...”
Reviewed April 20, 2008

Great tonkotsu ramen, best I've had in the US so far. Only negatives are no fresh garlic, eggs that come cold and hard-boiled (rather than soft boiled and stewed in soy sauce), and chashu pork that was warm (not hot).