“Highly recommended”

Little Shanghai Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 423 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I normally don't review restaurants.. However this is one of the best Chinese restaurant I've tried outside Asia, and trust me, I've tried a lot.. so I think it's worth reviewing.
You cannot go wrong with most of the items on the menu. A lot of traditional Shanghai dishes, which even if not my favorite regional Chinese cuisine, truly shines at this place.
Don't mind the restaurant itself, location, service or the outside toilets, the food makes up for everything.

2  Thank DanielDP

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

It is located one block from Elmino Real RT. 82 and 25th street on 25 th steeet

They have the traditional northern china dishes such as steam buns. Beef noodle soup, stir fried rice cake etc. the prices are very reasonable. For the three of us, the cost. Was $35 with tips. The services are quick, we used street parking. I think they have parking behind the side of restrurant. Enjoy

1  Thank sunjoe075
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you like Shanghai style dish that is the place to go. I did not have a chance to taste every dish. I really like dishes I ordered and came back the next day.

2  Thank Ann H
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Whenever we're in the Bay Area, we make it a point to come here. The noodles are fantastic, the Xiao Lung Bao is absolutely the best, the onion pancakes are delicious, the chinese donut (literal translation is oily stick) is great, the prices are super reasonable, it has parking, it is clean, it is fast, the service is good, can't ask for much more.

The biggest problem I have with them - closed on Mondays.

1  Thank dzb3kv
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Totally worth the drive from my hotel at San Francisco Aiport. All the dishes I ordered are authentic Shanghai cusine, e.g. Qicai pork wonton, Yangchun noodle soup, five-spicy fried little fish, fried rice cake. Highly recommend!

1  Thank crxin