“Great service!”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Boston, United Kingdom
“Great service!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed here for a training workshop. I checked in at night. The night manager was very friendly and recognized that I'm an elite member. She gave me a top floor suite on the corner which was quiet where the bedroom is. There are local menus where you can order from for dinner so I did! I had a chicken flat bread that was huge but was very good! In the morning they have breakfast just behind the lobby. Overall I would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
SanMateoGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Good day,

First of I hope you and your Family had a great thanksgiving. I would also like to thank you for taking the time and letting us know of how your recent stay was here with us. I am glad to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay and that my team members took care of you, I will share this with all of them. If there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me and we hope to see you soon.

650-574-4700 Ext.400

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Madera, California
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The most endearing memory of this property are the staff. They must be well paid as I met the most friendly, helpful staff on this clean newly upgraded motel. Average price for the San Francisco area and did I mention clean? The only complaint ( a big one ) is the location. This property is surrounded major roadways, so you cannot safely walk anywhere. The only attraction I found on a short drive was the recreation ( hiking, biking, jogging ) park Seal Point. The property is not close to the airport, shopping, or food. Additional the view of the bay is not attractive.

Room Tip: stay in rooms at the back of the property, less traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pat c
Good day,
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your Family and Friends. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time and writing a review about your recent stay here with us. I am glad to hear that my staff made a huge impression on you. I will pass this on to them as I know they will be very happy since they strive to make sure guest truly enjoy their stay with us. As far as our location we are located where most of the major corporations are at so you are correct there are not too many views of the bay, however let me assure you we are in a safe location. I hope your future travels bring you back to our area and to our Hotel. If there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in a well appointed suite that met all of our needs including those on my small dog. Friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast each morning. Easy accessibility to numerous locations around San Mateo. Very nice park area in close proximity to exercise you and your pet.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SanMateoGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Good day,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time and expressing your satisfaction with our Hotel on your most recent stay. I am glad to hear that we met all of your needs and those of your pet; we thrive on providing all of our guest and enjoyable and memorable experience. We hope to see you on your next visit to our area. If there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I'm a Marriott Gold member and It's my 5th time at this hotel (I'm here right now) - just promised myself it's going to be the last.
The internet has not been working for the last three days and no help from the staff regarding it. They keep rebooting the router when somebody complains and that will help for 5 minutes max, before everything freezes again. Frede
I just needed to take my laptop to another hotel block - outside of my room - where the router is working better. Working from the garden now, and thats ridiculous.

If you'll ever need internet, stay somewhere else.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank FMel0
Good day Sir,
First of thank you for being a Valued Gold Member and for choosing our Hotel as your “Home Away From Home”. You are completely correct in stating your frustration with our Internet connectivity and the lack of it and I am truly sorry that you had to deal with this huge inconvenience. Nothing I can say or due will change the fact that your recent stay with us was a horrible one and for that I due truly apologize. I would also like to inform you that we are in the process of making changes to our internet and our provider, we currently have a company installing new cable lines though out our property and we are schedule to have our new and upgraded internet system by the end of November. If I can ask you for a favor and please contact me so I can rectify what you experienced during your recent stay here with us I would greatly appreciate it.

650-574-4700
Redding, CA
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Good hotel breakfast with just about everything!! Large rooms, very clean w/ granite countertops and FULL kitchens if one had the desire to cook! Staff was wonderful, helpful & friendly. Buildings show a little wear and tear on the exterior but the rooms are quite nice. We asked for and received a quiet room in the back. It was close to the San Mateo Convention Center. We would stay here again without hesitation!

Room Tip: I like the 2nd floor rooms in the back. Very quiet. No elevators which was not a problem for us, b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SanMateoGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Good day Patti,
First of I wanted to thank you for taking the time and writing a review about our Hotel and your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and that we met all your needs. I also wanted to inform you that we are working on improving the look of our buildings and that hopefully on your next visit with us you will see the changes we have made. Once again thank you very much for staying with us and hope to see you on your next visit to our area. If there is anything else I can assist you with please feel free to contact me.

650-574-4700
Manteca, California
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel itself was very nice. It was clean, the staff were very nice and helpful about finding places to eat. Breakfast started at 7:00 which was too late for our whale watching departure time. Being close to the airport, I imagine this is also a problem for those with early departures. The problem was the noise. A group of guests returned from somewhere quite late at night - they were so noisy they woke us up. Rather then go to their rooms, they continued to party outside. We called the desk. Nothing was done. A couple hours later, we called again. These inconsiderate people continued enjoying themselves - at our expense - until nearly 3:00 am. We finally were able to go back to sleep only to have to get up at 5:00 am. Needless to say, the next day we were way too tired to enjoy ourselves. When we went out to our car, it was obvious that people had been leaning (if not sitting) on our car and lots of evidence of drinking. If it had not been for the staff ignoring our requests, I would have given this hotel an excellent review and suggest they have something for breakfast out a little earlier. Perhaps just some cereal, milk, and fruit until 7:00.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet area away from basketball court. However, in our case a "quiet" area turn...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SanMateoGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Good day,
First I wanted to thank you for taking the time and informing us of your recent stay with us, this is the only way we as a hotel can improve our services to our guest and make their stay a more pleasant and enjoyable one. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience and headache’s you had to deal while staying here with us I am deeply sorry that you and your loved ones did not get a good nights rest. I will definitely bring this up with my staff to make sure this does not happen again and to make sure that the policies we have in place are being enforced and followed up at all times. I will also get with my breakfast hostess to make sure we have some items ready to go for our early risers to make sure they get to enjoy and try the amenities we have to offer. If you could please contact me to discuss this matter further and see how I can rectify the inconvenience you encountered. If there is anything else I can assist you with please feel free to contact me.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Now this is the only way to go, nice clean place, apartment size room with full kitchen and living room. The property offers a full complimentary breakfast and it's an easy10 minute ride to SF airport or 20 minute ride to downtown San Francisco. Close to shopping and restaurants. I will definitely stay at this place on future visits.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day Sir,
Thank you very much for taking the time and posting a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed our property and that all the amenities we offer are to your liking. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to our area. Again thank you very much for your comments and for choosing our Hotel as your home away from home, if there is anything else I can assist you with please feel free to contact me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Best Western Coyote Point Inn
Courtyard San Mateo Foster City
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO

Been to Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo? Share your experiences!