I have stayed at numerous Residence Inn hotels around the country. This one is average and has both good and bad things.
1. Location of this hotel is great. It is relatively close to the airport (SFO), during the weekend it's only 6-7 min drive, but if you rent a car, you need to account for tram transfer from the car rental return which is approximately 20 min. to the airport (it takes 30 from the airport to the car rental garage). I drove early Monday morning, and there was no traffic to the airport. I imagine it gets worse later in the day. This hotel is also not too far from San Francisco, while also not too far from Santa Cruz and Southern little towns.
2. Breakfast is great. There is a nice variety of hot and cold things for everyone's taste (eggs, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, make your own waffles...to name a few).
3. Rooms are decent size, although on a smaller size compared to the other Residence Inns.
4. The unit we had was really clean.
5. It's nice that it's a bunch of little townhouses, vs. a hotel, so there is less noise from slamming the doors at night and early morning, so all in all a lot quieter then other Residence Inn that are more like a hotel.
6. Staff at this hotel was helpful and polite.
1. They allow dogs, so people below us had a barking dog.
2. Even though they new that there are three people in the room, the cleaning lady kept leaving us only two bath towels! That was really annoying. On top of that, since I stay a lot at Marriott hotels, in my profile it states to leave extra towels, which obviously no one read.
3. The bottom units don't seem very safe if you are alone, since there are glass doors and windows, and anyone can walk through the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on Long StaysBook your 2012 US Open stay at our newly Renovated Residence Inn by Marriott San Francisco Airport/ San Mateo hotel located 8.6 miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and 20 miles from the tournament! Spacious suites with separate living and sleeping areas, fully equipped kitchens, and free high-speed Internet access provide guests the perfect extended stay accommodations. Join us for a complimentary breakfast buffet and light dinner Mon-Thurs evenings in our Gatehouse. Bridgepointe and Hillsdale Shopping Centers conveniently located to our hotel. Hotel is near many excellent golf courses including Mariners Point and Poplar Creek. Fun is found at attractions Malibu Grand Pix Go-Kart & Golf, San Mateo Expo Center, Coyote Point Recreational Area and San Francisco's major league sports events at Candlestick and AT&T Park. After all this excitement relax in the pool, spa and Sport Court at the Residence Inn by Marriott San Francisco Airport San Mateo hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo Hotel San Mateo
- Residence Inn San Mateo
- San Mateo Residence Inn