“Spent two weeks there....not bad”

Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Think of it as a temporary apartment. Decent.

Not the easiest to and from the highway, but after two days, I got the hang of it...showing up late at night on the first night was frustrating even with a GPS.

Breakfast was decent average. Basic is more accurate.
Manager specials at night were at best, fast food type...

The staff was great. Had a decent washer & dryer facility.

Hint, don't get a room near the basket ball court, the court is surrounded by the 4plex buildings, so the sound came right in....

Nearby food, shopping and entertainment.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing or near the basket ball court...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to take this opportunity to THANK YOU for posting a review regarding your two week visit here at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo. We appreciate your business and we are glad our property was able to accommodate your needs.

Hope you see you in a near future!

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here our first night in SFO. Not far from airport. Had a "penthouse" suite. These are set up more like several condos. We had an upper floor on one which had a loft with bed & bath and then the living area had a Murphy bed, a sofa bed and another full bath. It was great when having kids that don't like sleeping together. Everyone had own bed. Receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Target just around the corner for needed items. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review about your visit at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Francisco Airport / San Mateo. I’m very glad that the penthouse was a perfect fit for your family and that the room was up to standards.

Once again thank you for your comment and we hope to see you in a near future.

Hugo.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Residence Inn in San Mateo on Winward is in a residential area of San Mateo near the Target shopping center. The units are 4 to a building and quite roomy. Our queen and sofa bed unit had a fireplace, sliding door to a patio and full kitchen with a full oven.

The unit was nicely furnished and clean. The bathroom has not been updated to have a granite counter. Our only ding is for the lack of noise insulation as we could hear too well the guests upstairs who weren't deliberately noisy.

The breakfast was the best at any Residence Inn with a lot of food made from scratch.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I want to take this opportunity to THANK YOU for taking your valuable time to complete a review about your visit to our Residence Inn by Marriott San Francisco Airport / San Mateo.

I’m glad the room and property were up to your expectations and that you enjoyed the breakfast.

Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you in a near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I selected the Residence Inn so that I was close to the airport for an early flight. The hotel has the typical garden layout. I arrived in the evening and was given a room on the 1st floor. However, I didn't feel comfortable as a female staying alone on the first floor with a glass door to the studio bedroom.

The manager responded to my concerns immediately and moved me to the second floor.

On a positive note, the unit was pretty spacious and had been updated recently! They offered a nice welcome gift on check-in. It was pretty easy to get to the airport from this hotel.

Room Tip: Females staying alone should request a second floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo. I’m glad the room was up to your expectations and that our location made it easy to make it to the airport.

I appreciate your comment in regards to safety and preferring a room on a second floor. I will advice my frond desk staff that if they check in a female traveling by her self to recommend a second floor.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to see you in a near future!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here on business in late February 2013 for a week.

My first impression was mixed - Due to limited availability, I had massive room that included a small kitchen (full size fridge, oven, microwave, dishwasher, utensils, etc...), living room, dining room, bathroom and an upper floor with a bedroom and bathroom. I immediately loved the layout and it seemed perfect for a long-term stay. Unfortunately, there was a musty/smokey smell to the place despite it being a non-smoking room. The smell wasn't noticeable after a while, but it really turned me off the room each day I came back.

The staff were all excellent and extremely friendly.

I loved having the kitchen while I was staying there and found that they provided almost everything I needed in terms of plates, cutlery, pans, etc..

The room featured two large screen flat-panel televisions that worked well. The furniture wasn't very comfortable, but there was a small couch and a large chair in the living room.

The bed and shower were fine. A step below the quality I've found in nicer hotels, but I have no complaints.

The room also had free WiFi. Unfortunately, it was quite slow. I would have preferred the option to pay for internet access that was a decent speed.

I would stay here again if I could get a better price on the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alistair L
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review about your experience in our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo. This helps us to be better service our guest and improve our facility.

I will share the comments with my staff as they take pride in the job they do. Once again THANK YOU for your review and hope to see you in a near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for business . Great location . Cheaper than the Marriott , nicer than other local chains and gives you a suite ., bedroom , bathroom , kitchen and small living room .

Small villa setup . Good breakfast .

Certainly would recommend .

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Mike T
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review about your recent visit to our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo.

I am very glad that you like our location and amenities that we offer. I will share your comments with our staff to keep them motivated as they take pride in the job they do.

THANK YOU again, we appreciate your business and hope to see you in a near future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed in Residence Inn straight for 6 months. This is one of the better hotels in the neighborhood. The staff is courteous and very proffessional. I was impressed with everyone especially Jose Garcia, Andrea Hebrio, Jacquiline Ocasio, James and Brittany. The support staff is prompt and well mannered.
The place is very close to places like Target, Safeway, Marshall and CVS.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommand this hotel for any long term traveler.

Room Tip: Pick a room which is on the upper deck for privacy. Also stay away from basketball court which can g...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review about your experience at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo.

The team and I appreciate your valuable comments as we take pride in the job we do. We know you have many options when it comes to hotels and we appreciate you selecting ours.

Thank you again and hope to see you in a near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
1 mi away
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Best Western Coyote Point Inn
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO
TownePlace Suites San Mateo Foster City

Been to Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo? Share your experiences!