“Excellent hotel, Great stafdf, world class service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo

Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
San Mateo, California
“Excellent hotel, Great stafdf, world class service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed in Residence Inn straight for 6 months. This is one of the better hotels in the neighborhood. The staff is courteous and very proffessional. I was impressed with everyone especially Jose Garcia, Andrea Hebrio, Jacquiline Ocasio, James and Brittany. The support staff is prompt and well mannered.
The place is very close to places like Target, Safeway, Marshall and CVS.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommand this hotel for any long term traveler.

Room Tip: Pick a room which is on the upper deck for privacy. Also stay away from basketball court which can g...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review about your experience at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo.

The team and I appreciate your valuable comments as we take pride in the job we do. We know you have many options when it comes to hotels and we appreciate you selecting ours.

Thank you again and hope to see you in a near future.

Best Regards,

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I and my team stayed here for over 2 weeks last year. It is very good hotel with great rooms, nice service and friendly staff. The kitchen is fully equipped and the room amenities are good for a long stay as well. The breakfast options are a little limited, but they make up for the same with the evening snacks.

The staff is extremely helpful and always ready to serve you better. The location is good as there are shopping malls and restaurants close by. Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to complete this review regarding your and your team stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo.

We are glad that our facilities were able to accommodate your needs. I will share your nice comments with our staff as they take pride on the job they do.

Thank you again and hope to see you in a near future.

Best Regards,

Coto de Caza, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious with a large well equipped kitchen for being a hotel. The only bad thing about our room was that it had a large gap around the seal of the door so the sitting area was very cold.
I left a brand new pair of boots still, in the box, at the hotel in our room. I called the hotel to ask if housekeeping picked them up, and to my surprise they had them and were very happy to mail them to my home. Good to know that the staff if very upstanding and honest! When back to visit my relatives in San Mateo this will definitely be my choice hotel! Thanks again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding our stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo.

I’m glad our facility was up to your expectations and that your boots made it home.

I will share this comment with our staff as they take their job very seriously and work hard to ensure every single guest has a great stay at our hotel.

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Two adults and 2 kids were able to spread out in their 2 bed/2bath 2-storey room. Full Kitchen and 3 tv's. Internet was no charge and there was a very good free hot breakfast (be careful, it ends early) excellent service, clean and spacious room. Park your car near your room, though as I saw evidence of a car broken into near the very edges of the lot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I’m glad our facility was able to accommodate you and your family and we hope to see you in a near future.

Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Compared to other placed, this hotel is cozy, very personable staff. Beautiful room. Kitchen is a plus and the fireplace make you feel at home. All in all this is a great place to stay at. If you are staying in san Mateo you need to stay here :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I’m glad our facility was up to your expectations and we hope to serve you in a near future.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was here on a business trip this October. The staff were very courteous and helpful. Being from India, the facility to cook at the Hotel was better off anything else for me. The hotel also had a play court for volley ball helped us pass time well. All in all a very comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience here at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff as they take pride in the work they do.
I'm happy our facility was up to your expectations and that you had fun during your stay.

Thank you again for your review and hope to see you in a near future.

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I booked into this hotel as I was staying in the Bay area for a week. The room was very comfortable; kitchen with dishwasher, cooker, fridge/freezer and microwave. Large flatscreen TV. Plenty of storage. An iron and ironing board (hooray!). Decent sized bathroom. Comfortable bed.

I was located in a ground floor room in the middle of the complex. I'd advise to do this as road noise is something which rooms at the back of the complex definitely suffer from.

Breakfast choice was varied and good. There is no crockery - just plastic bowls and plates so it's easy to dispose of. I get why the hotel does this but it would be nicer to have crockery rather than picnic-ware.

One good thing is that a supermarket isn't far away. And better still, you can leave your list with reception and they'll do your shopping for you, deliver to your room and add the cost to your bill on check-out.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the middle of the complex to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience here at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo. Your comments are very important to us and I will look into the breakfast comments you provided.

Once again thank you and hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
BEST WESTERN Coyote Point Inn
Courtyard San Mateo Foster City
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO
Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo

Been to Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo? Share your experiences!