“great service”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
mexico
“great service”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I went for business with 4 friends, I have a great experience, great service since we arrived, at check in time, the guy who made my reservation was very friendly, he sent an e mail with the information that I asked, he is a nice guy, he called us to our rooms to ask if we found everything ok, yes!!!! rooms really clean, good breakfast and the lady who attend it, is very cute, free internet, I will recommend this place near to San Mateo Event Center, perfect location. front desk guys also help me, he speak Spanish.

Room Tip: rooms on second floor, are good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank yesenia g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington, Usa
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is older, and located right on the offramp of 101. The car noise wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Rooms are vary dated, but clean. My sliding glass door onto the balcony did not lock, which was disconcerning as it's not in the greatest neighborhood. The hotel lost power during the night, and came back on just as I was checking out. There were no safety lights or flashlights in the room which made packing stuff in the dark extremely difficult. The front desk apologized, but did not offer any sort of discount to rememdy the situation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Kat_C508

Travelers are raving about these San Mateo hotels

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, I was so pleased with the manager and the front desk staff. costumer service was great! the room was clean,thw location is very convenient to the supermarkets.I just want to mention Arni the manager was very helpful.see you soon!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank fvr9ers
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Checking in felt like I was interrupting the staff. I did not get the friendly welcome I received at the other 3 best westerns I stayed during our week long trip. I asked direction to the train station they listed on their site. They state it was only 1 mile away, but offered no direction how to get there. I asked a couple of time too. They told me only that it was close enough to walk to. Actually the train station is 3.3 miles away. My room was dirty with someone else's hair in my bed. There was a nasty used tissue on the side of my bed along with a dirty cup. Our toilet plugged up and instead of repairing it the staff member threw the plunger up to the step platform. My friend had to walk down the stairs to retrieve the plunger to repair the toilet herself. I went onto the balcony to witness a drug deal. There were 6 semis in the parking lot. It seemed like this hotel was more like a truck stop than a best western. I did enjoy the hot waffle maker for breakfast even though the food and eating area were very dirty. This property is behind an Asian strip mall which received deliveries very early. Between the semis, deliveries, and being located along side the freeway the noise was too much. If u are visiting San Fran as we were I recommend staying much closer. It is really far out. They say its only 15 minutes out, but actually it's an hour round trip. If u are looking to stay outside of San Fran to save money as I was try Millbrea or near the airport. The train station is very close and takes u straight into San Fran. Parking there is awful, so the train is the best way to get there.

• Stayed March 2013

2 Thank Noelanimommy
Loomis, California, Usa
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Check in was smooth. The attendant gave us a welcome bag of water and cookies. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was continental. We might have preferred more breakfast options,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Richard E
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a week when in was in California for a conference.
Friendly staff, free wifi, parking and breakfast! Big rooms and comfy beds.
Excellent value for money. Recommended (at least for inexpensive student travel)

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank nocheaptricks
Redwood City
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

So once again I give a review as the single guy traveling on the road for business .

I have stayed at this motel / motor lodge 5 times or over the last 3 years .

This hotel has always been friendly and I like the strip mall right behind it to get Chinese food .

The hotel is pretty old . The hallways smell and rugs need to be replaced . The beds have also been very good .

The parking lot is very poorly written so families with little kids or people traveling alone who don't like dark places . So then I would look elsewhere .

This hotel could loose their Best Western name if they don't do some improvements

The problem is they ask alot of money ....if you look around I think you can find a better deal .

If you go just a little bit north you will find better hotels maybe a mile away .

So for a single guy traveling alone would stay here again but I would only pay about 75.00 not 130.00!!!

• Stayed April 2012