“Single traveling guys option”
Review of Los Prados Hotel

Los Prados Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

So once again I give a review as the single guy traveling on the road for business .

I have stayed at this motel / motor lodge 5 times or over the last 3 years .

This hotel has always been friendly and I like the strip mall right behind it to get Chinese food .

The hotel is pretty old . The hallways smell and rugs need to be replaced . The beds have also been very good .

The parking lot is very poorly written so families with little kids or people traveling alone who don't like dark places . So then I would look elsewhere .

This hotel could loose their Best Western name if they don't do some improvements

The problem is they ask alot of money ....if you look around I think you can find a better deal .

If you go just a little bit north you will find better hotels maybe a mile away .

So for a single guy traveling alone would stay here again but I would only pay about 75.00 not 130.00!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Ammo68
There are newer reviews for Los Prados Hotel

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel was pretty standard with good breakfast options. It was clean and quiet and seemed like a pretty good value. Only draw back is location. It's a couple miles from downtown and on the other side of the highway and you have to walk through a neighborhood that doesn't seem like the greatest to get downtown.

But over all, I'd stay here again. Very clean and comfy.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jenniferforsale
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with their park and fly package. The package is priced well and the room provided a good nights sleep prior to my trip. However, on the day of my departure, I arrived early to the shuttle pick up area. Long story short, the shuttle never arrived. Fortunately, one the staff recognized a problem and managed to drive myself and another guest to the airport, in what I expect was her personal vehicle. So on the positive side, they were helpful, in that they got me to my flight, however, I wonder what happened to the shuttle. On my return trip, I called for my pick up and was told a taxi would come get me and that they would settle the fare once we arrived back to the hotel. This all worked perfectly but I still wonder if there is actually a shuttle as part of the park and fly package.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ColeDog13
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I regularly travel for business, and Best Western is the preferred hotel for our company. I've stayed at most Best Western hotels in California, and without a doubt this was one of my worst experiences.
Upon checking in, I was received poorly by the desk clerk, Julio and was made to feel as if I was interupting him by having him do his job to check me in (no one else was in the lobby). Further, the lobby reeked of smoke and was in sad shape.
Next, I was shuttled off to the back building (there are three, 3 story converted apartments that make up this hotel). The parking lot had many loiterers and I felt very uneasy about leaving my car in that lot.
The hotel smelled of rancid food or sour milk (especially in the stairwell and hallways).
The thermostat in my room did not work, nor did the iron.
I left a day early and found lodging elsewhere.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank emcii
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Well were do I start.. Room was 123 First floor - small balcony facing the parking lot

Monday night: No towels in the room, room was not what you expect from a Best Western. Had to go to the front desk and get towels and got a great roll of the eyes from the front desk clerk.

Tuesday morning: Shower did not work very well at all. Told the front desk they asked if I wanted a different room, I asked if they could just fix the shower she assured me yes.

Tuesday Night: Back from a long days work, Well I got one towel and one washcloth. Room was not cleaned to my standards. The bed was kinda made and I was missing a pillow? Again informed the front desk.. they assured all would be well tomorrow.

Wednesday Morning: Gave up on the breakfast just went to Denny's across the street
Wednesday Night: got back to the Hotel after a very long day, Entered my room and found it to be fairly clean and in good order.

Thursday Morning: Denny's again.. not much at the breakfast bar which is located in the third building.

Thursday night: Entered my room and was greeted to the Balcony door wide open.. Cautiously checked out the room and was relived to find that nothing was missing. I cant even begin to tell you how unhappy i was at this point.. Again went down stairs and told the night shift clerk what i had found.. he was very nice and was apologetic, I was told the manager was out of town.

I would not recommend this Hotel to anyone..Beware!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have to! This hotel was unsafe and not well managed
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
BWSM, Manager at Los Prados Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Mr. Keller:

We further apologize for your inconvenience with our breakfast as we are completely renovating our breakfast area which should be complete by the end of the month.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (650) 341-3300.

Allison
Best Western San Mateo

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The only thing I feel OK is the location. If you find something broken in the room, it is always your fault, and you will be charged. You even can't sit and have your breakfast since the dinning area is so tiny.

If you have no other choice, this hotel is better than nothing. Please ignore the messy and noisy surrounding area as the hotel has no responsibility for those either.

Room Tip: Choose 2nd floor with interior access rooms only.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Terry L

Allison
BEST WESTERN San Mateo

Reviewed May 1, 2012

The size of the room should only have had a double bed, not a queen. The complimentary breakfast was good and served early enough to accommodate our needs. They have an airport shuttle, but one would still need a car because it is too far from the southern most BART station. The room also had a small refrigerator and microwave.

Room Tip: Small but clean. Forty minutes south of San Francisco.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit.