“Good hotel in the process of a remodel”

Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here for a business trip, the rooms were updated with all the modern necessities and kept clean. The hotel was undergoing a renovation when I was there so it wasn't exactly in pristine condition but that was to be expected. Disposable drinking cups assured me I would not be the victim of a rinse and dry cleaning of glassware by housekeeping so that was a plus, the only reason I give it 4 stars out of 5 is the beds were very stiff, so not that great in that department. Otherwise the location is great and quiet.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn quite frequently when I travel for business. This hotel never disappoints. The staff is phenomenal, and the renovations they've made look great! The hotel is in walking distance from restaurants, shopping, and several companies which makes this the perfect hotel while traveling for business and pleasure.

A really cool new edition is the fact that you can text anything, anytime, anywhere to the hotel staff and they are super responsive. This is so neat and convenient.

I'll definitely continue to be a repeat patron.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
dghudson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear alloure2001,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. I'm glad you like our new and improved look and our texting system. Our rooms should be completely finished by mid July. In addition to a complete remodel we have changed many of our king bedded rooms to double queens to better accommodate our weekend travelers coming with families.

Our texting system has also been a very popular addition this year. You can text the hotel front desk at 650-276-0672 with questions, comments, requests, etc. 24/7 for those who prefer to communicate via text.

Thanks again for the comments.

(650)356-6107

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I booked a taxi the time I checked in for next day's interview and it arrived 10 minutes late from the scheduled time. Please don't promise so well if the taxi couldn't arrive on time. Also I am still waiting for the hotel receipt to be emailed to me.

Dear Yihan J,

Thanks for your feedback. I will discuss your issue with the taxi companies we use. We monitor them to make sure they provide excellent service to our guests. They are normally pretty good about giving accurate pickup times but are sometimes delayed with traffic. I apologize if this added stress to an already stressful situation of interviewing for a new job.

I have emailed you another copy of your bill.

Please contact me directly if I can do anything else for you.

(650)356-6107
Derek.Hudson@Hilton.com

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo for over 10 times in the past couple years. I have never been disappointed. The accommodations are great but even better is the staff which aim to and do provide the best of services. The staff's friendliness, helpfulness, and general demeanor, make an already great hotel even better. I will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

The "makeover" in progress has greatly enhanced this facility. The staff makes a concerted effort to make sure your stay is enjoyable. The overall stay was a vast improvement over our last stay here 2 years ago.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Buyer beware major construction going on at this hotel. If you need to do any work in your room 8:30am - 5pm its not going to happen. Hilton did not provide any disclaimers of the construction during or after purchase. Call the hotel see if they are done with the construction before staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
dghudson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Charlie H,
I'm sorry you missed the notice on our website and the email sent to you regarding renovation. We have attempted to notify our guests of the ongoing renovation so you aren't surprised when you arrive. We don't want you to be unhappy with your experience. Please consider staying with us again in the future when everything is new.

Renovation should be complete in July. The lobby is nearly complete and we are working on our last section of guest rooms. Refer to our website or call us for current renovation conditions. I will remove the notice from our website when renovation is complete next month.
derek.hudson@hilton.com
(650) 356-6107

Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you like a good breakfast with properly cooked oatmeal and optional custom-ordered omelettes, this is the place! I tried this hotel and the Hampton Inn in Burlingame. The latter had nicer beds, but terrible breakfast with over-use of styrofoam and plastic utensils, and no orderable omelettes, etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
dghudson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thanks Tom T for the breakfast compliments!

The room you stayed in was not renovated. All our rooms with 2 beds are getting new mattresses and are being upgraded to two queens.

Thanks for the feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
Best Western Coyote Point Inn
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo
Courtyard San Mateo Foster City
TownePlace Suites San Mateo Foster City

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo? Share your experiences!