Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
$199
$179
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$166
Best Western Coyote Point Inn(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
$169
$147
$127
$99
$149
$109
Los Prados Hotel(San Mateo)
$150
$144
$136
$119
All reviewshome depotgreat hotelred robinfoster cityshopping and restaurantsbusiness tripwithin walking distancefitness centerbusiness centerlobby areastayed one nightbusiness travelerrooms are nicesfo airportdefinitely stay here againsilicon valleyfree parking
Reviewed October 12, 2013

There was good room service and hotel staff was friendly and helpful (more so in person than over the phone). You can print from the business center. Oh and room service leaves towels in the shape of animals in your room. They are great! (No shuttle service except to and from airport though....)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed October 11, 2013

First they overcharged us $20. We had it corrected at check-out and have a Folio copy for the correct amount. We get home and see that they added over $6 more to the charge. Called and now will get a charge credit. No reason, no apology. I guess if most of their customers don't challenge them, they win. Also, the cleaning man threw away a toothbrush and toothpaste that was on the sink counter. Poor way to run a hotel!!!
Note to those who are bothered by noise, the air conditioner cycles on for 30 seconds, then off, then on, all night long.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank M S
dghudson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to give me this feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest services. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you had regarding the billing for your room. Our entire staff strives to provide our guests with the highest quality service, and we are truly sorry that this was not the case during your stay. I would love the opportunity to discuss these issues further with you so I can get you taken care of properly. Please call or email me directly so I can personally look into and resolve your issues.

Best Regards,

Derek Hudson
(650) 356-6107
derek.hudson@hilton.com

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Came here with the gf one night when we needed a place to crash for a few hours before we had to both get up for work. I pulled up into the Hilton, and was easily able to take my pick of parking spots. They have an extensive parking structure located behind and to the side of the hotel as well as ground floor parking in the front. Best of all, parking is free (unlike the Marriott)!

The pricing is rather expensive if you don't book ahead of time. But that was to be expected. I paid nearly $300 for a 2 queen bed room (only room they had left apparently) but was offered a discount since we were checking in at like 3am in the morning and was leaving in 6hrs.

They have a beautiful fountain in the lobby area, and the hotel floor itself is massive! I've been here in the past for conventions and it is easy to get lost in here. The hallways are clean and modern, and the rooms itself are warm and inviting. The beds are soft, though I miss the mints on the pillow. The room comes with your standard coffee/tea packets + coffeemaker, mini bar food (very pricey like all mini bar food), and flat screen TV.

There is plenty of shopping available nearby at the Bridgepointe Shopping Center with various dining establishments located within. Or if fast food is more your style, there are several fast food chains located in the opposite direction.

Overall I would recommend this place if you are looking for a place to stay near this area and are able to secure more affordable rates ahead of time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great place to stay. Very clean, restaurant food was wonderful and prices not too high. Room was excellent. Will definitely stay here again. Easy to park and they did not charge for parking. Easy to check in and out. The bed was very comfortable. Really enjoyed the whole stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Very clean, big breakfast, very nice waiter, quiet room. Free parking, free internet. Well stocked pantry sale items. Good chef salad.
Shuttle service to and from airport.
Pool is very small and in odd public location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family