“AWESOME STAFF!!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Charleston, South Carolina
“AWESOME STAFF!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Staff was super accommodating. Rema was great! The restaurant was a bit pricey and there's no free breakfast, but overall was very happy with our stay! Parking was easy and the location wasn't too bad. Would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jake P, Front Office Supervisor at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Dalee T,

Thank you for your awesome review! I am so glad to hear that Rema did a fantastic job at the Front Desk and throughout your entire stay with us. We do offer complimentary parking at our hotel and are at a great location conveniently 10 minutes away from the SFO Airport and 20 minutes away from Stanford University.

I do apologize that our prices are a little high in our restaurant and would also like to mention that mainly our Holiday Inn Express locations offer Complimentary Continental Breakfast in the morning for guests.

We hope to be your host once again on your future visit to San Mateo.

Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Very clean and new hotel. It's really a nice hotel. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

The bad: after landing at SFO and calling the hotel to request a shuttle I watched the van drive by twice causing me to wait approximately an hour to get picked up. Driver didn't even slow down either time. Simply blew past the hotel shuttle pick up area. This needs to be addressed.

Additionally, I requested a 5 AM wake up call which I never received. Luckily I had set other alarms in case they forgot.

Overall it was a nice hotel but some
Minor things need to be fixed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Phdevine
Dear Phdevine,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that our Hotel Staff were friendly and helpful, I am sure they will be excited to hear such nice words.

I also do apologize for the long wait at the airport due to our shuttle being busy at certain times. I will go ahead and address our drivers to simply stop at each terminal instead of driving right past it.

We hope to be your host again on a future visit.

Jonesborough, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We are 9 days into our California trip (from Tennessee), and we've had the best customer service at this hotel. I thoroughly researched all of our hotel choices on Trip Advisor months ago and made reservations well in advance. Everything went without a hitch until we arrived here three days ago. When we checked in, Rema was very kind and polite, and she was forthright in telling us that the room we had reserved (a kids/family suite) was not available. However, since they had some advance warning of this (the previous guest had overstayed), they had made arrangements to put us up in the Presidential Suite, with a pull-out couch and rollaway bed in the living room for our children. We were offered this suite for our full 3-day stay, at no extra cost. In addition to this excellent customer service, the hotel was spotless, staff members were friendly, housekeeping service was prompt, the king-size bed was comfortable and had great pillows, and the in-room coffee was drinkable. However, for those traveling with children, please note: there is no pool at this hotel. There is a small whirlpool spa in the fitness room. We did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment on their food/service. I really appreciated Rema's honesty and proactive plans to accommodate our family. I certainly wish this level of customer service was the norm at all hotels!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear BedfordFalls,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we truly appreciate your response. I am glad to hear that our Front Desk Agents were able to accommodate you with a fabulous upgrade to our Presidential Suite at no extra cost. We take pride in making our guests completely satisfied throughout their stay at our hotel.

I also apologize that we do not have a pool on property, but a nice whirlpool Jacuzzi and Sauna available from 9am-9pm everyday.

Thank you again for your time and honesty and wish to see you again on your next visit to San Mateo!

Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had a very nice experience at this Holiday Inn recently, so much so that I intend to make it my home away from home when I have to be at my corporate offices in San Mateo. Not only was the front desk staff welcoming and the room large and comfortable, but they have a great little restaurant and bar off the lobby. Every morning they called a cab for me because I didn't rent a car. Even the cab driver was nice! Only minor glitch I had happened when a young man who was obviously training at the front desk didn't run my credit card for incidentals. They handled that immediately when I questioned them. This little gem of a hotel is not fancy, but it's very clean, comfortable and the staff is genuinely friendly. It's convenient to the airport and close to the highway, but very quiet. I am learning to LOVE Holiday Inn Express and enjoy staying at these hotels while traveling for fun or business!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Citrus Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Thanks to the great help from G.M. Epenesa Pakola getting us our room for the length of time we needed and the fantastic service given by Christine at the front desk, our trip to California was made so much more comfortable.and enjoyable. They are both a credit to the hotel they represent. The prior hotel we stayed in for the first 2 nights in So San Francisco was so bad. Our experience here was 100% better. Thank you both again.

Edward K.

Room Tip: All of the Hotel was very nice
Green Features: Kept very clean with good service from all the employees
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Edward K
Inland Empire, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is fine for the price, free breakfast. Easy parking and access to multiple freeways and the airport. Not exceptional, but service good and responsive. Is near bay so it was very windy at times outside. Close to South SF with some good restaurants there.

Room Tip: Good price alternative, but realize you are not in downtown SF. However SF and Silicon Valley both e...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lrcInlandEmpire_CA
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear lrcInlandEmpire_CA,

Thank you for staying and for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate you mentioning about our complimentary breakfast, easy parking and our accessibility to the freeways. We strive to give great and impressive accommodation to all of our guests and it makes us happy to know that you found our service to be good and responsive. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Elk Grove, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

For the price the hotel was fine. The room itself was nice although I didn't know it wouldn't have a small fridge. Things that stand out: The wake up call had wrong information (glad I didn't have to catch a plane), I was offered a discount for my meal at their in-house restaurant. When I tried to use it there was a big problem that had to be resolved (wouldn't want to bring a business guest there as that could be embarrassing), the food at the restaurant was subpar. My steak ordered medium came well-done, my daughters steak ordered as medium came as rare. The French toast was very dry. I wouldn't eat there again for the price. Staff was very nice and front desk person helpful as she printed out a direction map for me. Ok place to stay for just a night or two for personal reasons only. But personally I would find the same deal at another location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FOM_HISanMateo, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear ShirleyL,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the experiences you encountered in the restaurant, and rest assured, we will be looking into both the service and quality issues you mentioned. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites San Mateo for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Cheers!

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport

Been to Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO? Share your experiences!