“Convenient, Good, Clean” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Inland Empire, CA
“Convenient, Good, Clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is fine for the price, free breakfast. Easy parking and access to multiple freeways and the airport. Not exceptional, but service good and responsive. Is near bay so it was very windy at times outside. Close to South SF with some good restaurants there.

Room Tip: Good price alternative, but realize you are not in downtown SF. However SF and Silicon Valley both e...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lrcInlandEmpire_CA
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear lrcInlandEmpire_CA,

Thank you for staying and for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate you mentioning about our complimentary breakfast, easy parking and our accessibility to the freeways. We strive to give great and impressive accommodation to all of our guests and it makes us happy to know that you found our service to be good and responsive. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Elk Grove, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

For the price the hotel was fine. The room itself was nice although I didn't know it wouldn't have a small fridge. Things that stand out: The wake up call had wrong information (glad I didn't have to catch a plane), I was offered a discount for my meal at their in-house restaurant. When I tried to use it there was a big problem that had to be resolved (wouldn't want to bring a business guest there as that could be embarrassing), the food at the restaurant was subpar. My steak ordered medium came well-done, my daughters steak ordered as medium came as rare. The French toast was very dry. I wouldn't eat there again for the price. Staff was very nice and front desk person helpful as she printed out a direction map for me. Ok place to stay for just a night or two for personal reasons only. But personally I would find the same deal at another location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FOM_HISanMateo, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear ShirleyL,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the experiences you encountered in the restaurant, and rest assured, we will be looking into both the service and quality issues you mentioned. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites San Mateo for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Ketchikan, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Service was good, they asked if I wanted the extra points or a snack and water. Room is clean and stocked appropriately. Would be nice to have a better tv, this one works fine but a bit too small for my liking.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ken D
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I was staying at this hotel for 2 weeks in the month of April. I am writing this review to thank the staff members who were not only very nice and committed, they even helped me during my medical emergency. One night, out of nowhere I got a chest pain which gave me breathing problem and severe pain. The receptionist Rema on seeing my problem, acted quickly and arranged for another staff member Philip to go and purchase medicines prescribed by my Brother (who is a Doctor in Arkansas) through phone. After I got the medicines, receptionist Rema and Afa were following up with me frequently to see if I needed to be taken to emergency ward or not. After few hours, I became alright.I am very grateful to them. Also the cleaning staff was very dedicated and loved to do their job with perfection. I recommend this hotel. However, if people are looking for a hotel with free breakfast service, I don't recommend this because it is not there in this hotel.

1 Thank Kenny K
FOM_HISanMateo, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear CyrToronto,

We appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge Phillip, Rema and Afa in helping you during your medical emergency. While we know these can be scary moments, especially when away from home, I am glad that they were able to accommodate you in your time of need. I hope that you are feeling better, and we wish you well!

redmond, wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

The hotel staff are warm, friendly, and helpful. The rooms are spacious, clean, and modern. It is fairly quiet at night, especially if you are in a room not facing the highway. It would be nice if they provided a free breakfast buffet and refrigerator in the room.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the highway.
Green Features: Excellent. It was easy to re-use towels and linens during the stay.
1 Thank courosh
Dear courosh,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service provided by our team members, and we look forward to sharing them with the team. While we do not offer complimentary breakfast, we do have a restaurant available for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 6am-11pm. Also, we do have a small amount of refrigerators that we can provide upon request and availability. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to the San Mateo or SFO area.

Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Haven't stayed in too many Holiday Inn's, but glad that I made the exception for this one. We chose it mainly due to the location and decent Tripadvisor reviews. Location was right off of the 101, although it is a little funky getting on and off the highway to the hotel. If you are going north on the 101, the exit drops you off literally at the doorstep. Going south on the 101 requires a little maneuvering, but still doable.

We has a suite, which was quite spacious for the price. The room was very quiet on the 4th floor, tucked in the corner. Internet connection was excellent and internet was free, as it should be in Silicon Valley. Do not expect any 4 star extras, but this is a solid 3 star property. Room and interior of the hotel are well maintained. General area doesn't look inviting, but just a block away is a clean middle class residential neighborhood.

Staff was always pleasant and helpful, not that we needed too much during our stay. In summary, I can recommend this hotel, especially if you need a convenient location to San Mateo.

Room Tip: We were in 4017, a corner suite which was quiet, but had very good internet connection.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank twhite4809
FOM_HISanMateo, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear twhite4809,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

Nice and helpful personnel like the ones I met at this hotel are always greatly appreciated, specially after a long flight. Hotel rooms are spacious and contain what one may need. WiFi was temporarily off but was fixed later in the day. I also enjoyed the bar and the breakfast lounge. I had nothing to complain about other than the fact that all hotels in this area appear to be over priced and the air condition was a bit noisy.

Room Tip: My room located on the west side of third floor was quiet.
1 Thank boroushan
Dear WandererBo,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I am so glad to hear that the staff were helpful to you during your stay. We all hope to see you again on your next visit to the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
BEST WESTERN Coyote Point Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport

Been to Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO? Share your experiences!