“As expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tel Aviv, Israel
“As expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed there for a couple of nights when there were no rooms available in Palo Alto. A nice hotel, nice room, nice shower, pleasant service. Parking available. Close to freeway. Nothing extraordinary - as expected.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FOM_HISM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear nettads,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your room and the service provided by all of our team members. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the SFO area.

Happy Holidays!
Travis N.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Salinas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had a block of 18 rooms at the next door hotel San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel, but arranged a late night get together at the Holiday Inn. The staff accommodated me by extending its closing hour to midnight along with providing a wonderful, fresh and delicious buffet for 60 guests. This was an "after party" after a boxing event so I didn't know exactly when we would arrive. The manager suggested I call a half an hour before our arrival so that he could be certain the food was fresh and hot when we arrived. It was perfect. The staff was excellent. The next door hotel is managed by the same group, and it also had a wonderful staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kathy G
Foresthill, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We originally had 2 in our room, but another couple joined us so they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite for a nominal fee. Because it was going to be a 3 night stay, I thought they would have stocked the "kitchenette", but I was mistaken. Thankfully, we brought our own plastic utensils, paper plates, glasses, even napkins! There was nothing to do dishes with. There was a small coffee maker, small microwave and small refrigerator. Those were very helpful, but not what I would have expected.
As for the bathroom, every day I had to call for additional towels because they would only leave 3 bath towels for 4 people.
Other than the above, the room was alright. The bed was VERY comfortable!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FOM_HISM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Vanessa K,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again when you're in the San Mateo or SFO areas.

Happy Holidays!

Travis N
Front Office Manager
Brasileia, AC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is a nice hotel and well run by its managers. If you are looking for this class of hotel, close and convent to both the city and the airport, then you can't go wrong with the Holiday-Inn hotel in San Mateo. Plenty of places around the hotel to get a bite to eat. And great running along the bay if you're looking to get a work-out in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stuck at SFO until tomorrow which is how I ended up here. I called the hotel from the pickup area at the airport and the shuttle van was there within less than 10-minutes. Check-in was a bit of a hassle but not unpleasant. I waited 15 minutes in line to get checked in to a room. The lobby was very small. The entry carpet needed to be vacuumed badly but the lobby was clean and bright.
I arrived too late by mere minutes to eat in their bistro restaurant, however Manuel (who was cleaning up in the restaurant) was wonderful. I told him of the hectic day I had and though the restaurant was closed and the chef had just left, he took the time to piece together what he could for me to eat so that I could return to my room to rest. Manuel was just the positive customer service experience I needed after such a challenging day.
The hallways to the rooms were very clean as was the small elevator. This Holiday Inn has been renovated quite nicely. The room was spacious and clean with a very nice and open bathroom and a small kitchen table with 2 chairs. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. There were some stains on the carpet in my room but nothing too bad. Though the bedding was clean, the decorative mattress box covers were very dirty on both beds, with several obvious stains. Out of place and gross, especially with everything else being so clean.
There's laundry facilities on the main floor ($1.25 to wash and $1.25 to dry). There's ice machines as well as vending machines on each floor and all of the public areas were clean and tidy.
It is true what the reviews state about the free wifi; It boots you off every couple of minutes and you spend most of your time online re-entering the access code and logging back in.
There is nothing in the area by way of a grocery store or a place to eat within a decent walking distance (aside from their restaurant on site). I ventured out to walk the 10-minutes they said it would take to reach a CVS and a Safeway, but after only a few minutes I returned to the hotel as I didn't feel safe walking in the area.
This hotel is directly off of the freeway and though I could see the freeway from my room, I could not hear any noise. This hotel seems to have proper insulation as I did not hear any guests in surrounding rooms.
Overall this hotel was better than I expected.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Carlos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was here end of last month I enjoyed everything thoroughly, service was great, very clean room, nice staff especially Rema at the front desk who graciously and professional checked me in. I really appreciate here customer service. The WIFI connection was not great. I enjoyed my stay and will be back again without hesitation. I did not try the restaurant this time but I will the next time.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter" "Corner suites are large and sunny"