Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
$179
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
$199
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
$279
$249
$166
Best Western Coyote Point Inn(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
$169
$147
Los Prados Hotel(San Mateo)
$150
$109
$106
$127
$99
$149
$119
All reviewsfront desksan franciscoroom was spacious and cleanoff the highwayother hotelsdidn't hear a thingbusiness tripbedroom suiteonsite restaurantclose to the airportrooms are bigeasy accesslobby areafree parkingminute driveupon checkcoyote point
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here for several days on a business trip.
The location is pretty good - close to the major roads and the airport - but the rooms were still quiet.
There is a courtesy bus to and from the airport which is useful but it is worth booking as soon as you know you need it for a trip to catch a flight; sometimes it gets pretty busy. Expect to wait around 30 min for a pick up.
My room was spacious and clean. As I was on an extended trip I paid a bit extra for a better room. Having the fridge was very useful.
Parking is pretty good as well.
Food was surprisingly good. Normally, the food in Holiday Inns is pretty forgettable, but this was much better than I have had at any other Holiday Inn in North America.
The only poor aspect to my stay was the WiFi/internet access - the signal was poor and frequently unreliable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RMS1974
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is my third stay in a year at this property.

Staff is excellent. Rooms are very large and well appointed, though the carpet is a bit worn. The restaurant serves the purpose for a decent and quick meal.

They have wired and wireless Internet access in each room. However, the wireless is essentially useless. In the three rooms I have had in my recent stays I either have had a very slow connection or no connection at all. I prefer to work sitting up in bed with the TV, and the wired connection is in another part of the room. So for me, I cannot use the Internet at this property. As such I will probably not stay here again until it is fixed.

Normally the rooms are in clean and in great shape (4 stars). This latest visit was disappointing (2 stars). There was someone else's hair on the bed spread and the shower rod was partially off its mounts and hanging down.

Best tip: turn the AC down much colder than the knob says. Set it to 70 degrees and you will be very warm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear KHEF_Pilot,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am pleased to note that you liked our staff and rooms. However, it is regrettable that your room this stay was not excellent as your previous visits and the issues with internet connectivity continues to be of an inconvenience. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 18, 2013

While the hotel itself was clean and comfortable, Jessica went above and beyond in assisting us with several issues we were having while trying to get to Mexico. She was extremey friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We couldn't afford the 300-400 dollar price tag to stay at fisherman's wharf. We found this Holiday Inn on trip advisor and thought we would give it a try after two nights of hotels from a horror movie. Holiday inn staff were so nice, they made us feel like family. They told us the local Mexican restaurant that have the best tortas in California. Anamaria shared her favorites places to see in San Francisco along with a kind smile and outgoing attitude. My husband and I will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We got a good price for our room and the quality exceeded our expectations. Our room was modern, new, spotless and huge. I've stayed in five star hotels that are worse than this. The main negative was that it was quite noisy.. We heard every person in the corridor but worse was the creaking noise above us. At times it sounded like someone was about to fall through. Luckily this occurred only 2 of the 3 nights so the last night we got a good nights sleep. The air con is quite loud but this was a good thing in drowning out some of the noise. Overall though I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get the top floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple