WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Birthday stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed in a 2 room suite. Not too shabby. I had a few friends over and we had an amazing time. The front desk staff could be more friendly but overall I was happy with how my birthday turned out!! I might end up booking a room here again soon because the size of the room for the money I paid was amazing!!! Next time I'm thinking about trying the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
hisanmateo, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Hello Jessica H,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your Birthday Stay! We are very fortunate that you chose us, as there are so many great places to choose from.

I am sorry that our Front Desk Staff was not up to your expectations. We have been striving to become more welcoming and friendly here on the Front Desk, and it looks like during your stay we didn't quite make it. Please know that I will be passing your feedback on to the staff so that we can work harder at being more welcoming.

I am glad you found our double bedroom suite comfortable. We have some very nice rooms here, and try hard to keep them clean and comfortable. Please do try our Bistro 300 on your next stay with us. We feel we have a top notch dining experience here, and our Director of Food & Beverage (Gustavo V.) works hard to keep everything great here.

Thanks again for the feedback, and I look forward to speaking with you on your next stay with us,

Matthew Reeve
Guest Services Manager
Holiday Inn & Suites, San Mateo, CA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The rooms are good size, and very clean. The staff is helpful. Location is right on the 101 freeway, but did feel the noise at all. In fact, it was the noise of kids running upstairs that woke me. Also, the A/C is very noisy

Two comments. If you are sensitive to noise then get a room on the upper floor. If your life depend on Internet, this hotel my not be for you. The wireless is very weak and slow. The wired is interrupted on/off all the time. It is rather sad that they don't solve such a simple inexpensive problem,

Room Tip: f your life depend on Internet, this hotel my not be for you. The wireless is very weak and slow. Th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Sam F,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. It is disappointing that to know that you were inconvenienced by the condition of the air conditioning system and Internet connection being slow. However, despite this I am happy that you found our rooms to be clean and staff service to be helpful.

Again, many thanks for the candid feedback and I hope we get the opportunity of hosting you again soon.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was upgraded to an absolutely huge suite! I wish I weren't.

All the extra space was utilized by placing a table for 2 with 2 chairs. Think of the table sometimes found in a normal size room and you have it except, it's in a space the size of a decent sized dining room. I have absolutely no idea how I would ever use this extra space.

The A/C unit was, however, not upgraded to meet the needs of this much larger space. It ran at full speed (not quietly) and never got the temp anywhere near where I set it (70 if I remember).

The location of the hotel is literally off the freeway exit; as it, you exit almost directly into the parking lot and it sound like it. I requested a room furtherest from the freeway and was assured I was given a room that "couldn't be further from the freeway". Guess what I overlooked from my room? The freeway...

The restaurant/lounge was serviceable as a lower end hotel restaurant. I had a drink and was fed - end of restaurant review.

Would not stay here again and am staying at fewer and fewer HI's overall - too bad as they were a decent hotel brand after the relaunching a few years ago.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear jch67,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Excellent service, great rooms! We only stayed there for one night but it was great. It is close to San Francisco Airport and also not far from the city, quiet location. Very clean, very spacious, many amenities, definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
El Segundo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I absolutely love our stay here. The suite was perfect for me and my daughter. The Hotel was very nice and quiet week. We went to San Francisco during the day and came back every early evening for a nice quiet evening. The team was the best; the restaurant was a very nice setting and the food was very good. My daughter had her own room and I had my own room. The kitchenette was perfect for us, as well.

Room Tip: There is no pool, however there was kids and teen activities in the area, more than enought to do.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed there only a few days but it was great. The staff was extremely friendly and went above and beyond. It was about 15 minutes from San Francisco even with a little bit of traffic. It was perfect. Close enough to the city to not be annoying. Yet far enough away to be relaxing. My room was perfect. Anything extra I needed was brought in good time. I will definitely be staying there the next time I'm in the area. And I've recommended it to all my friends.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Holdat2
Cedarville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling up the coast via Highway 1 and cut over toward San Mateo to make our way down to Yosemite. Had no idea where we were going to stay. We stopped here and are glad we did. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was wonderful, clean, roomy and comfortable. We ate at the bistro, food was fine, the service was slow (even though the were only three other customers).
I would highly recommend staying here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
BEST WESTERN Coyote Point Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame

Been to Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO? Share your experiences!