“8 minutes to departure gates at SFO. Great price for park stay and fly packages. Clean updated hotel.”

Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Great location great price clean and updated rooms. My only complaint was that the hotel shuttle was stuck in traffic and front desk called a local cab to shuttle us to SFO. Well let's just say that the cab and it's driver was disgusting. I went to strap my 7 month olds car seat in and the seatbelt and seat was soaked with fresh vomit. Can driver told us he had been up for 3 days and smelled of moth balls and body odor. I would suggest to holiday in to pre screen the other shuttle cab companies before calling on them again in a pinch. I woul stay again but request that hotel ensure clean shuttle for transport.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Pacific Palisades, CA
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I remember Holiday Innmeaning glorified motel, but if the rebranding of the chain was represented by this hotel, I'm sold going forward!

Great accommodating staff, deluxe (and very reasonably priced) two room suite with the childrens room attentively designed. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2011
Somewhere in Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I have stayed in hundreds of Hotels ranging from 2 stars to 5 stars. I was returning from Lake Tahoe and made a reservation at this hotel prior to flying back home to Florida. Upon check-in, the front desk lady (her name is KARA) checked me in and was always smiling and friendly. Asked me if there was anything else I needed, greeted me as a Gold Member, and offered me bottled water with cookies and a fruit bar. Later on, my friend and I wanted to go out and eat Sushi. She personally did not know of a particular Sushi place, but asked her co-worker and suggested HOTARU Japanese Restaurant in San Mateo (33 E. 3rd Ave. San Mateo, CA U.S. 94401). The place was great and inexpensive. Probably one of the best sushi food I have had.

Going back to the reason why I started to write this review, the assistant manager at the Holiday Inn told me that the best place to commend someone would be thru this website.

By the way, the hotel was very comfortable. I read some of the negative reviews prior to making the reservation and did not encounter any of the problems that people mentioned. The place was GREAT!!!!!

Again, thanks to KARA for her professionalism and hope to stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
EDelgado1, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Thank you so much for your business and for giving us the wonderful review.
We try hard to give the best service to our guest.
Hope to see you back with us again.
Best Regards!
NY City
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I needed a place to crash for a night, stayed at the HI San Mateo.

I was given a room on the 3rd floor, had crazy people upstairs jumping around at 11:30 at night. They switched me to a room on the 4th (top) floor, much better. The new room had a side view of the freeway but traffic noise was not an issue, the hum of the a/c unit drowned out any highway noise. I had an excellent breakfast at the hotel, lots of healthy options on the menu. You will have to drive if you need to go to a supermarket, 7/11 or drugstore, no shopping within walking distance.

The hotel was fine for a 1 night crash pad. I would probable seek prettier surroundings if I had a longer stay in the area.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Citrus Heights, CA
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Our team travels for volleyball all over so I deal with many sales departments. I called this hotel and spoke with Edgar, Director of Sales. He was awesome! He went above and beyond to meet our groups expectations, he was even flexible on the price, which was huge because with so much travel, it can get so expensive. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms were so big, my entire group loved it. They have sitting areas in different locations around the hotel so it was nice for our group to be able to sit and have a glass of wine without being in someone’s room. Definitely stay here if you have a chance! I only wish other hotel sales departments would provide customer service like Edgar

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Great stay in San Mateo Holiday Inn week of Feb 1, 2011. Room was big, less than 1-year new, clean, quiet and slept well. Wireless Internet access was free and reliable. Service was excellent from airport shuttle driver to restaurant, front desk and housekeeping. Front desk even made sure a package that arrived after I departed, was shipped. I made the FedEx arrangements. The front desk made sure it was addressed and even called my cell phone to put my mind at rest that it had been picked up. Nice extras in service throughoutt the 3 night stay. Close to airport, but you have to drive for restaurants and shopping. I recommend it if you want a very nice Holiday Inn near the San Francisco airport.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Irvine, California
Reviewed January 4, 2011

This hotel staff was very accomodating with early check-in. Printed out directions to Monterey. Rooms were very elegant, spacious, and spotless. Located about 9 miles south of SFO Int'l airport but is conveniently located right off the freeway so easy access on and off.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
EDelgado1, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Thank you so much for your very good review. We try hard to service our guest and make them feel at home. Hope to see you back again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
Best Western Coyote Point Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame

Been to Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO? Share your experiences!