“A second time!!”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
san Francisco
“A second time!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was my fourth visit since I started coming the area for work. The staff is what makes this place amazing. Whatever you are doing to attract the best people at the registration desk...keep doing it! Steve was helpful. Some of the nicest folks I have met. The new kid in the Elite Room JR was a real friendly welcome and Mimi in the morning. Again great beds, friendly folks and a warm welcome. I will be back!

Room Tip: I like the main building down the middle of the big hallway
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank joebobjohn
Ed G, General Manager at San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear joebobjohn,

First, thanks for taking some time to write a review regarding your recent visit.
It’s great to have guests that return time after time and it really is all because of our team of associates. Between Mimi and JR in the concierge lounge along with Steve and many others in the hotel service delivery is our number goal.

I look forward to having you stay with us again so when you get back to the bay area please let me know if I can assist directly.

(650) 653-6052

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Sidney, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We checked in for the first weekend of our honeymoon getaway and were delighted to find that Craig from the hotel had upgraded us to a very nice loft suite. The staff are amazingly happy and seem ever present. The grounds are nice, once I figured out how to navigate it became fairly easy to find our room, if I had followed the map I was given it would most likely have gone more easily. The one con I have is the almost 200 young employees of a local tech company that is here for 5 weeks of training, we met several who were very respectful, but there seemed to be a few that were determined to recreate animal house. There was a roaming party in the hall that parked in front of our door ion a few occasions once they realised they were disturbing others most were quick to move on, others were ready to rumble in the hall, they are known to the security staff well according to the guard we spoke with. Over all it was a good stay, I would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from noisy guests.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SAR_PEP_guy,

Thank you for taking the time to share some of your thoughts regarding your recent visit.

First, Congratulations and thank you for spending the first weekend of your honeymoon with us it’s an honor. Craig is great at looking for the opportunity to upgrade those special couples coming in to celebrate and the loft suites are the bomb. I believe that we really do have a team of fantastic associates from Felix in the Market Place, Joey at the front door to Daniel at the front desk and many others throughout the hotel delivering the guest experience.

We did have a large group of trainee’s in house during your visit and we worked with them to behave appropriately which the vast majority was more than compliant. I do apologize that the few did impact you visit with us.

If you have the opportunity to visit us on your anniversary please reach out to me directly I would like to assist in making a memorable return.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I am a frequent quest at The San Mateo Marriott, staying 25-30 nights per year as a member of The Golden Gate Apparel Association and other business travel. I often request a room near the A door for easy parking lot access.
I want to compliment two hotel staff on their welcoming attitude towards me on my recent stay and previous experiences: Naumi Saheed, Housekeeper and Mimi Mozayeni, Concierge Room Manager exhibit welcoming greetings and always recognize me on my repeated visits. I look forward to my stays at your hotel because of their helpful attitude!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ed G, General Manager at San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Donald R.,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts from your recent visit. We certainly appreciate our partners from the Golden Gate Apparel Association.

Mimi is our lead concierge and you are absolutely right she is a Rock Star! Naumi from housekeeping is equally a good in her role and it’s awesome that you took the time to recognize her and the work she performs daily.

Please let me know the next time you’re in town I would like the opportunity to meet you.

MIAMI
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Concierge lounge is exceptional. Room is spacious with comfortable seating. Happy hour consisted of bean soup, crudites, cheese, fruit and berries, sushi, vegetarian lo mein , stir fry beef and broccoli, and tiramisu cake. Breakfast had scrambled egg whites and reguar scrambled eggs, nova, bagels and rolls, hot and cold cereals, fruit, etc. Starbucks coffee was way too strong, though and even diluting it, did not help. Hotel rooms are comfortable and clean. Front desk staff is very pleasant and definitely acknowledged us for being loyal marriott guests.
Hotel is about 15 minutes from SFO, without traffic. Self parking is $22 and valet parking is available, too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MIAMISHEILA.,

Thanks for expressing your comments regarding your visit to the San Mateo Marriott.

I agree with you and believe we have the best concierge in the bay area with Mimi, Michelle and JR leading the charge. Chef Gorman and his culinary take tremendous pride in providing an exceptional food experience and I’m so happy you enjoyed his selections. SFO is a quick 15 minute drive or next time you visit you can take the shuttle that departs at the top of each hour from 5:00am to 9:00pm.

I look forward to hosting your next visit to San Mateo please feel free to contact me directly if I can help.

Daly City
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at Sam Mateo Marriott !
Special mention for our grateful appreciation for the warm attention, very helpful & gracious assistance we received from Ms Mimi, Concierge Officer of Marriott San Mateo, CA.
May her tribe multiply in Marriott!
We'll be back if only to be attended by her again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Oakley, California
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Mimi our concierge lounge provided the most excellent service and I felt very satisfied with her service. Job well done! From Mr.Torres R. The employee at night time can be more welcoming and accommodating not simply being just there for the duration of her shift.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I am part of a group training with Oracle Computer for 6 weeks. Unfortunately, Oracle chooses this Marriott to house its trainees. The advance word was that we should not expect much in the way of room quality, food or service but the warning was an understatement. The rooms are dated with old everything…carpet, drapes, TV, linens, etc. have not been changed in years. Some trainees rooms do not have a refrigerator. When we inquired as to the possibility of getting one, we were told, "you'll just have to live with it". And the service goes down hill from there. Wake up call requests are missed, requests for laundry service go unanswered…shall I go on?
We are stuck here, but you have a choice. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Green Features: There are no environmentally-friendly practices that we are aware of.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo
Best Western Coyote Point Inn
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame

Been to San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!