“Cozy Family Dinner Place”
Review of Pacific Catch

Pacific Catch
Order Online
Ranked #2 of 462 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pacific Catch is a WestCoast Fish House dedicated to delivering high quality sustainable seafood with a unique perspective. From the day we opened we've been mindful about where our ingredients come from and how to bring to life the vibrant flavors and feeling of the Pacific. That's why we're a community. This is how we connect - over food we can share, and the diverse experiences we all bring to the table. Overall the tie that binds us is our mutual love of seafood and respect for the ocean's resources. It's important to us to be both good global and local citizens. That's why we've formalized our relationship with the Monterey Bay Seafood Aquarium's Seafood Watch, James Beard Foundation's Smart Catch and the Surfrider Foundation by becoming a partner and bringing on a director of sustainability to help steward these efforts. It's our commitment to our guests to keep things interesting, innovative, wholesome and thoughtfully sourced.
Reviewed April 19, 2019

Fusion. Flavors. Generous servings. Comparing the taste of their food to what you are used to will pose quite a challenge considering that they have plated flavors that would tickle one's palate. A good dining place for those who are adventurous with flavors. Nothing fancy, just enough to satisfy one's craving for different flavors in a single plate.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We love Pacific Catch after the menu update. Lots of great ways to enjoy delicious, fresh fish, including chimichuri and Adobo options that were both delicious, and lots of fun new sides. We especially liked the elote and Brussels sprouts and also loved the wasabi bowl. Tasty cocktails, plenty of gluten free choices and a kids menu that includes fish and other options, makes it the perfect place for our family.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 27, 2019

Freakin' Awesome...I travel the world--all 7 continents, seen all 7 (actually 8) Wonders of the World....so, I have had some phenomenal food. Most restaurants are good, nice, but not worth the time it takes to review. But, I was simply visiting my son and before my flight he took me to this place for lunch prior to my flight back home. I gotta say...I was blown away. I had the Yellow-Tail Tuna (they had a specific name for it which I do not recall and cannot locate on line....started with a "K") with the Hawaiian Glaze and it was as firm, flakey and moist as one can imagine. It was superb. The taste, the texture was out of this world.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

The food was very good they also have poke2go it's also very good deal watch out for them shorting you on the weight

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019

this is a nice place if you are in downtown san mateo.
food is good service was slow
the atmospher is comfprtable parking was easy.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Pacific Catch? Share your experiences!