“Best Salad Bar and great upstairs.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Draeger's

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Belmont, California
“Best Salad Bar and great upstairs.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Expensive, but worth it! When choosing the selections, If you're short, you may have to reach in, if you're tall, you'll have to bend in and it can be a little akward. The Olive bar is not part of the salad bar. You pay at the front cash register and it's by weight. I recommend two rubber bands to hold the salad containers closed. Try the Balsamic dressing. Better yet, try the chinese chicken salad dressing, it's the best I've ever had. The whole store is like entertainment. The amazing sweets and bakery is in front when you walk in, the flowers are there to, so your visit starts with beauty. The whole store is well maintained and has an excellent variety of higher end foods. Draeger's is known for gourmet food. Their staff is friendly and efficient and their pre-made and deli food is delicious. They have a huge wine section and instant bottle chiller. Be sure to go upstairs, they have a lovely and creative selection of giftware and cards etc. and it's beautifully decorated. They also have a great cooking school, be sure to pick up a magazine about it in the store, the classes are worth it, but a bit $$$. Parking in the upstairs lot can be challenging sometimes, but there is good parking below with elevators. If you park on the street, be sure to pay the parking meters, they do issues parking tickets with regularity. This store is well worth going to.

Visited March 2012

South San Francisco, California
“Pretentious prices, yes, worth it, sort of!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

This place has it all!!! You want a high end exotic food, they probably have it! It is priced according to the location it is in, but again, they have a lot, and even the prepared deli food is delicious. I don't want to like them, because they are slightly more expensive, but who am I kidding, where else will I find all the high end food I'm looking for?!

• Visited March 2012
San Mateo, California
“Wow! Plain theft by packers and managers may be aware of it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

I shop at Draegers occasionally, mostly Bordeaux wine. So I bought two bottles of nice Bordeaux, a grass fed stake, and some Rye bread which is also wall done. No trace of meat in the shopping bag when I come home. Call the store - they claim they couldn't find meat but I can come back with my receipt and get another stake. Or come tomorrow and get refund. I'm in no mood of driving back to the store, but I naturally want my wine with the stake this evening. Wow! The only other place where I experienced something like that was in Luxemburg where I got billed for extra bottle water in addition to the espresso I actually bought. Coincidentally, also committed by a girl with angelic face. Wow!

Visited August 2011
2 Thank bayarian
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Overpriced Hillsborough...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2008

Overpriced Hillsborough hang. Baked goods are nice though.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This is just my place. Nice food serve in a bakery in a middle of a grocery store. :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2008