“Eat at the bar”

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
San Mateo, California
“Eat at the bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

I first started coming to Dash because I followed the George (the sushi chef) from another restaurant. Every time we go, we eat at the bar and let George feed us. I have never been disappointed with his food and every bite is so delicious that we eat ourselves silly whenever we are there. The sushi here is done Tokyo style, which means they prepare it with all the flavors they want you to try so that you don't have to use any soy sauce. Some of my all time favorites are the hamachi toro (yellow tail belly) and salmon toro. Can't go wrong with fish belly. The special or new fish they get are usually really good too. Their garlic edamame is savory and delicious. Honestly, I think all their menu items are very flavorful so you can't really go wrong unless there is a particular item you can't eat or don't like (ex: mackerel).

The ambiance of the restaurant makes it good for friends, families and couples. I wouldn't recommend this place if you want to be loud and drunk. It may not be good for small children either. This is not just our go to sushi place, it's our top choice sushi place!

• Visited May 2014