“Great meal”
Review of North Beach Pizza

North Beach Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
North Beach Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 418 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Never been before but had a great pizza. Lots of cheese and fresh toppings, crust any way you like it. Ceasar salad was awesome! Would come back again for sure! Very good service from friendly staff.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

While riding my bike through San Mateo, I had the primal hankering for pizza and beer. There were several pizza joints that empty -- not so for North Beach. A "Best Pizza of the Bay" may have helped, but I noticed it was bit dated. Apparently, a "best pizza" sticker isn't perishable, because the pizza was excellent.

If pizza isn't your thing, I saw throngs of people enjoying other Italian dishes; but, I can certainly attest that pizza (both hot out of the oven and cold the next day) is worth it. Good selection of beer -- I think I had Stella Artois on draft -- that was served ice cold. Speaking of service, VERY good. I really enjoyed the place, and made a point for a return bike trip just for this place.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Ordered delivery from this pizza place for a business lunch as recommended by co-workers. Pizza was good and priced decent, however, extremely overpriced for a salad tray! The Caesar dressing however was just awesome! Delivery was on time and pizza was still hot, so we all enjoyed it. I will never order a salad tray (for a large group) for delivery again however. Would like to actually go there and try more options.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

The pizzas here are great. My eye was a bit too big for my appetite and I left a slice or two of a medium behind, small for me the next time!

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Went to this restaurant for Pizza since it opened 16 years ago. The pizza was exactly like the North Beach pizza in San Francisco. It was very good. I haven’t been to this one in a while, and the taste was awful and they changed the way they make it. The waiter stated it has always been made this way. I always order the “North Beach Special” and have been ordering it for years. This restaurant has gone way down in the quality of Pizza’s it puts out. I will not return to this place but will go to the original one in San Francisco.