“RAINBOW PIZZA”

Rainbow Pizza
Ranked #10 of 462 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Pizza, Central European, Soups
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

I had lunch and treated my best friend at Rainbow Pizza Restaurant in February 2019. This was a Belated Christmas get together; her Belated Birthday and our Pre-Valentine's Day outing for both of us.
Three celebrations!!!

We were looking for a place to have lunch and catch up with news and our lives. My friend ordered Veal Piccata with noodles and veggies and I ordered the Calamari Piccata with rice and veggies. We shared a Bay Shrimp with avocados on a sandwich roll as our Appetizer. Very fresh and filling. There were 4 fresh generous slices, and we ate one slice each, and took home the rest. We each ordered a glass of wine, water and juice with our meals. I also ordered a side order of Moussaka, my favorite dish.
For my best friend's Birthday, we both ordered 2 separate mini pizzas of our choice to take home; along with the leftovers of our meals to go. Hugh portions. I had 4 separate meals with my leftovers.

Service was excellent, accommodating and friendly with our waitress, who took both of us,throughout our visit. We were not rushed and our dishes were spaced out to enjoy the dish.

My friend thoroughly enjoyed her meal, this was her first visit and my 5th visit to RAINBOW PIZZA RESTAURANT.

We both had a "great time" with wonderful memories of the time with spent together.

We plan on visiting this restaurant again.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank Linda N

Reviewed October 31, 2018

My wife & I really enjoy dining at Rainbow Pizza. Their menu is very large, so many dishes to choose from. On our last visit, we went for lunch & split a Village Style Greek Salad & the Gyro Sample Plate. The portions are also very large, so we ended up with too much food. Took both home & had another meal. The Greek Salad was very good & I would order this dish again. The Gyro Sample Plate was good but a little strange. Tzatziki Sauce over steak fries, gyro slices, tomatoes & onions. it was good but a rather strange combination.

The service is also excellent. Very friendly, courteous & patient.

Everything here is very large. A glass of water is huge, as is a glass of soda or iced tea.

We try & order something different each time we dine here. I can't wait to go back & try something new.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank michaelkT1957ZO
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Very nice place and good food Have been going there for several years They have always have a nice product and service

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank O7270YSrichardr
Reviewed July 8, 2018

Recommended by people who live in the area and at first we walked in and it was a little crowded and noisy but the staff were friendly and welcoming and we were seated and served very quickly. The food was amazing!! Everyone in our party had pizza and we were able to customize each one...they did both thin and thicker crust and had many toppings to choose from. The mini pizza is enough for 2 people and the small Caesar salad was more than enough for all of us. Definitely lived up to their reputation. Only one small problem when we were there that I'm sure isn't the norm but there was a biker group holding a meeting in the adjoining section and at times, they were quite loud because of their use of a microphone and much cheering and yelling and it was hard to hear ourselves. Overall though, I would highly recommend this place

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 23, 2018

We love coming to Rainbow Pizza in western San Mateo. First of all, the menu is enormous -- literally! In addition to having a wide selection of Greek and Italian specialties, the actual menu is gigantic and takes two hands to lift!

The Greek pizza options are fantastic, and you'll almost certainly have leftovers the next day. Our favorites include the #7 with colossal black olives and gyro meat, as well as the vegetarian #11 with feta cheese, garlic and fresh tomatoes.

Other preferred entrees include the rack of lamb -- which is some of the best lamb we've had on the Peninsula, the pastitsio, and the garides a la Santorini (baked prawns with feta). Any Italian dish that comes with garlic bread will be a hit at your table. The mezzes are all huge and ideal for sharing, and we find a half Greek salad is plenty for two of us to share.

Service is solid, and the food usually takes quite a while to prepare...but it's worth the wait. Rainbow Pizza is closed on Sunday.

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Rainbow Pizza? Share your experiences!