“Hidden Gem”

Rainbow Pizza
Ranked #16 of 418 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Pizza, Central European, Soups
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Have been eating the Greek food here for almost 20 years, food, service always fantastic. Who would think in a little strip mall that such a great restaurant exists. If you don't know about it or where it is you'll walk right by and never see it.

Go in get seated in the back with the Greek mural and statuary. Have a glass of retsina ( Greek white wine ) it is really different and is one of those things you will love or hate. So you may ask for a taste before you order a glass.

If you are ordering the Greek salad have someone to share or order a half, this thing is massive.

1  Thank Lou K

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Rainbow Pizza's owners really take a lot of pride in the selection, variety, preparation and serving of their dishes. As a result, this restaurant consistently delivers good food which is well-prepared. Their presentation of the food is very nice. You'll see larger and smaller groups there, and it's usualy pretty packed. It's a fun place with good food. Sometimes we've had to wait a bit for our meals, but the wait's worth it. We're among many locals who go back to Rainbow Pizza time and again, each time trying some new dish and always having a good meal.

1  Thank Catherine B
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had a pizza with my brother in law at Rainbow. Great pie. We had sausage and mushrooms and I knew it would be good as soon as I smelled the air. The mushrooms were great, big pieces of sausage and it was delicious. Would recommend anyone looking for a deep dish to this place

1  Thank PorscheBoxster
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I love, love, love this place. A friend of mine turned me on to this restaurant years ago and I've been coming back ever since. The food is always fresh & delicious. They have a great menu so we usually order a bunch of different items so everyone can try everythng and, if we're lucky, still have some yummy leftovers to bring home with us. My kids could live on their Tzatziki (yogurt & cucumber sauce), pita bread & french fries but e v er y t h i n g that we've tried has been really good.

1  Thank Harperfam
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Found this tucked away restaurant with the biggest menu , LITERALLY, that I have ever seen....not just pizza but great Greek food....hard to find Greek food in California....great value, service, variety....perfect for just bout anyone's tastes.

1  Thank boobers