“If you like tex-mex this is a good place”

Celia's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 413 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Drove from my hotel in Foster City up El Camino Real when we turned down Peninsual Ave we saw the restaurant and decided to give it a try. We didn't regret it.
The chimachunga's are great, try it if ýou get to the area

There are newer reviews for Celia's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Food is always good here no matter what you order you cannot go wrong here just come in sit and enjoy the drinks are great too. They have a bar on one side of the restaurant which gets pretty busy during happy hour

1  Thank Geneva W
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stopped in here for dinner on a Tuesday night. We were seated in a very nice booth with a window looking into the interior patio. Delicious chip, salsa and water were brought to our table immediately. Although I usually have a chile relleno, I decided to try something different and ordered the Steak a la Mexicana, a broiled 10 oz. steak, grilled onions, tomato slices and sliced avocado, which is served with rice and beans. I requested the steak medium rare, and it was done to perfection. I'll definitely be back to enjoy this steak dish. Our party also had an enchilada verde which was delicious.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Went to Celia's based on the reviews. I wasn't disappointed . Outstanding food. Wish there was one by my house Wou

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Visiting the area from out of state and our grandkids told us that this was one of their favorites. And now I can understand why. They have a great variety of food and everything we ordered was very fresh, hot, and tasty. There wasn't a wait as seems to be common in lots of restaurants in the area. The wait staff was very nice and helpful with the menu items. We had lots to eat and a nice snack left to take home. I really appreciated the reasonable prices. We want to go back on our next trip to the area.