“I will come back”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

This was not "the best" I have had in the area, but it was very good. Food quantity was over the top. Next time I will try some of the recommendations made here in tripadvisor. This time I had the sashimi special which came with rice, soup, and typical wasabi. Personally the fish seemed a little bland but was fresh. Maybe the wasabi lost its spunk. See photos for example of the serving size.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The Chef's special is to die for! You should sit at the sushi bar so you can pick all the exotic fish they offer. The servers are very friendly and the food is great. You need to be there early if you don't want to wait for 1 hour.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I arrived to Sushi Sam's, and was not greeted for a few minutes. Servers were running around, a few stopped and looked at me, and finally someone asked for my name which was written on a piece of paper hanging on the wall. The place was packed at 9pm. I was seated within 5 minutes. Ordered the Tempura Udon which took about 10 minutes. Very good though. They have mixed reviews on Yelp. You gotta try this one on your own to get a good understanding of it all.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This place doesn't look like much but there is a reason it seems always to be busy: the sushi is amazing. Go for it with omakase (chef's choice) and you will be completely blown away. I went twice during my two week stay and was so sad I couldn't fit in a third visit.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

It is somewhat old and run down looking, but the food is excellent. They made a custom roll at my request and was not expensive. Service was good. They were just really busy. It is obviously a favorite of locals.